Liam, 2009

May 24th, 2009. Angel Fire, New Mexico.

We reached the doors of the Town Hall. Everyone filed into a meeting room, we had seen that they had already set up medical tents and a command center outside. We dropped Azul off in the tent to hang out with the people in there until Miley arrived. I held onto Maisey's hand as we made our way into the room. While people took a seat I tried to remember what Vienna was and why it had failed last time.

We were surrounded. There weren't any reinforcements this time, I looked to my right and I saw Maisey fighting off four people at a time. I turned my attention back to the people chasing me. They were gaining ground, soon I was going to be tackled. Taylor was fighting back to back with Cal. I couldn't see Conor anywhere. A sign on my right caught my attention as I passed by it, Vienna- five miles ahead.

At least twenty attackers were left. Taylor was shouting something at Maisey, I couldn't hear what it was. Maisey hit the last guy standing around her and he fell on his face. She looked around as she was surrounded by the last members of the cartel.

"¡Todas se bajan!" I really hoped that meant to duck. I hit the ground as light spread around Maisey. The temperature immediately dropped to below freezing. I could see the men around me fighting to stand up and Maisey hit them with what might have been ice.

They started to drop around me and I looked up. Blood was running down her face. I don't know if she had been hit or if it was something she was doing to herself.

A loud voice was heard over my thoughts. Taylor was motioning for Maisey to step up onto the platform to speak.

"Everyone listen up! We have a plan but for this to work we need everyone to know their part. We can stop this army before they reach town if we do this right. Maisey is going to lead part of our army and Cal and I will lead everyone else." She moved out of the way to let Maisey speak. I could tell that she wasn't happy with being forced to speak in front of people with the look she gave Taylor.

I watched out of the corner of my eye as guards from the jail brought Sylvia into the room. She was led in with handcuffs on her hands and a bind around her mouth. If Maisey saw this, she didn't react.

She stepped onto the platform as Sylvia sat down in the front row, she looked pissed. I mean I would be too if my year long plan was taken down overnight.

"Family. That's what we are, and as family we take care of each other. I swear to you that you'll be safe with me. I understand if you don't trust me, I'm not asking you to. If anyone should have trust issues here it should be me. No Sylvia, you may not speak, Sylvia that means shut up!" I looked over at Sylvia who had tried to move the bind from its place to say something.

She looked back down at the floor while I could hear laughter from the rows behind me.

"Does anyone remember what happened in Vienna?" I looked around at people shaking their heads. A few older men raised their hands but it was Lilith who spoke first.

"Vienna as in when you almost died defending us? Where you were in the hospital for months because you couldn't speak, walk or do anything on your own?"

"Yeah. That Vienna. We think that this could work in this situation. Cal and Taylor will lead the main part of our army down the hills to hide in the trees. Once they have passed them they will surround them from the back. The army will be trapped between them and me. While they silently pick off the back reinforcements I along with the members of my family will tear them apart from the front."

"You really think that this will work?"

"I do Lilith. With minimal casualties to none on our side." Everyone held their breath as they waited for Lilith to give the final okay.