Nightmares

Steve was now at the passenger door of Eddie's van, it was littered with beer cans, wrappers and old clothes.
"Excuse the mess my lord, I usually don't expect royalty."
Eddie's lips formed a wicked smile as he winked. Opening the door so he could wipe off any soot, backing away to hold open the door for Steve.
"Thank you, dear bard."
The metal heads eyes widened.
"So you know of D&D?"
Steve hopped into the car and Eddie went towards the Driver's side.
"Yep. Dustin talks about it constantly, Seems interesting though."
Eddie got in the car as well, smiling. He knew about D&D?? It was too much to process.
Within the past 30 minutes Eddie has learned that the Steve is a junkie, Likes D&D and isn't a total douchebag? What the shit is anything anymore.
"You're an interesting one Harrington."
Steve just shrugged and clicked his seatbelt into place.
Eddie started the van and smirked.
"Hold on to your ass."
With no wait time Eddie sped out the high school parking lot, tires screeching as they left.

*

They arrive at Eddie's 'home' which is really just a trailer among all the others.
Steve noticed Max's trailer, her mother standing outside to hang up wet laundry.
The shorter haired boy didn't want to be seen, so he slipped a bit lower into the seat.
Eddie looked at him a bit confused but rolled his eyes.
"C'mon get out princess I'm not gonna carry you."
"Not even if I offer a kiss?"
Steve batted his surprisingly long eye lashes at Eddie. Holding his hands together so he could add maximum cuteness.
"Well if you propose.."
Eddie leaned in.
Steve stopping him with his hand.
"I see we wanna play hard ball huh?"
Eddie smiled wolfishly.
"Yep. And I'm not one to back down."
The both smiled and stepped out of the black van.

Eddie let Steve go first just to check out the merchandise.
What? He couldn't help himself. Those jeans were just so tight and god Eddie was so gay, but he would have to keep that to himself unless he wanted Steve to run out screaming slurs.
"You gonna unlock the door or should I pick the lock?"
"As if you could."
Steve let Eddie pass by him, he could pick a lock. He could do a lot of weird things. But he accepted the defeat and let Eddie mess with door before letting himself and Steve in.
Eddie bolted to his room and pulled out the 'Special Stuff' , along the with another bag of weed.
"Are you sure you wanna do this Harrington? I have some really good weed- I just don't think you're ready for the stronger crap."
Steve looked between the two. He took the warning and went with the safer option.
"I suppose the weed is fine."
The short haired boy stood awkwardly.
"Should I sit?-"
Eddie looked at him a bit funny.
"No Harrington I want you to stand while you get high."
Steve took the obvious sarcasm and sat down, watching as Eddie grabbed some snacks, soda and an ashtray. He saw the black handkerchief, he's heard about it before. Robin had explained that it was a sort of code for hook-ups, that was mainly used by gay guys.
He bit down on his lower lip. Eddie was probably just wearing it as a fashion statement, just like everything he wore.

Eddie walked back and set down everything.
"You're gonna get the munchies like crazy so here some chips and soda. If you need anything ask me, and don't force yourself to smoke more than you can take. You're not gonna impress anyone here."
Eddie voice was a bit more stern, it was almost intimidating towards Steve.
"Yeah yeah whatever. I'm not a child."
The long haired boy chuckled. Pushing in whatever shitty movie they had so the pair didn't have to sit in silence.
"Sure, I've known a lot of guys like you. Trying to be Mr.Big shot."
Steve was taken aback. He's never considered himself a tough guy, he was protective at best, and what did Eddie mean 'guys like you'? Steve tries his best not to be an asshole. Especially now, with a lesbian best friend and a nerdy best friend he really isn't one to judge.
"Guys like me? What you think I'm some sort of stuck up douche?"
Eddie peered at him as he rolled a joint.
"It's only common to think that if you. You have girls around you all the time and you're popular! Dustin yet seems to worship you like some modern God."
Once he looked over his work he lit the joint. Taking a drag and passing it over to Steve.
"Look I understand you may not be a total asshole but you use to be. And some of us can't let go of the past. Y'know?"
Steve nodded as he took a puff of the joint. It was a light one just so he didn't cough up a storm and look like an idiot.
Letting out the smoke he spoke.
"I've really trying to change, hell my best friend is a lesbian!"
Eddie stopped mid way as he went to grab the joint back.
"What?-"
Oh shit oh shit Steve said that out loud.
"Uh...Yeah- I-"
He handed Eddie the joint as he tired not to dig himself into a bigger hole.
The metalhead picked up on the panic.
"Don't worry dude I don't care if she's a lesbian I just- didn't think you were cool with that kind of stuff. People in this town really suck. My friend Gareth is gay and he's gotten hell for it."
He left out the part where he's gay, it was nice to know Steve wouldn't try to strangle him to death if he did find out.
"Yeah, her name is..Robin."
Eddie smiled, mouth open.
"Oh! I know Robin! She came out to me when we were both in band."
Well they both came out to each other, Robin, Gareth, and Jeff are the only people who know that Eddie is gay. And he plans to keep it that way.
"Really? Oh I thought I was the only person who knew.. Kinda selfish of me.-"
He sighed out. Good. Robin wouldn't have to kill him over this.
"Nah, I thought I was the only one who knew as well. I never see her with you though? Did she drop out or something?"
Steve shook his head and rested his elbows on his knees. Grabbing back the joint to take a long, hard, drag. Shaking a bit as he exhaled the smoke.
"I.. uh- Flunked."
"Are you serious?"
"Yep."
Eddie looked at him like some sort of lost puppy. Steve flunked! Just like him. Well maybe not as bad as him but he still flunked!
"Shit- I'm sorry dude. I flunked twice if that makes you feel any better."
Steve rolled his eyes in a playful matter.
"Yeah, I feel so much better, getting high with Eddie 'The Freak' Munson is definitely where I wanted to see myself."
Eddie smirked and motioned for the joint, which Steve glady gave.
"Is there something wrong with being a freak Harrington? You seem not to mind, especially when you're smoking my weed."
Steve realized he hasn't payed Eddie.
"Oh shit- let me pay you."
Eddie stopped him as he smoked the last bit of the joint.
"I can think of other ways you can pay me." He licked his lips and smiled.
"Ew gross dude. I think I prefer paying you with money."
Eddie put his hands behind his head and leaned back.
"You're missing out."
"Sure, if I ever wanna experiment I'll be sure to call you."
He winked and pulled out his wallet. Pulling out a two twenty's.
Eddie scoffed.
"And what makes you think I would ever go for you? And what makes you think I swing that way?"
He put his hand out and Steve placed the money in his palm.
"Well maybe that handkerchief made me think of that."
Steve pointed at it. Eddie's jaw dropped.
"It's not like that- What the hell?"