Flowers

Steve somehow made it to work.
It wasn't easy trying to appease your angry father and disappointed mother.
It's even harder when you don't have a job.
Yet luckily for Steve, him and Robin had a knack for finding shitty jobs that just made their life ever so slightly harder.
So he had to take what he could get to avoid the chances of being kicked out.
Lord knows once he's saved enough and graduated he gonna run like hell out of that stupid house.

He bursted in the door, watching as Robin scanned in movie drop offs.
A few teenage stragglers looked at him but shrugged him of because really, who are they to judge? They are the ones in a crappy video store renting crappy movies they've already geeked over for about the 4th millionth time.
He waved at Robin who only gave a unpleased eye roll in response.
She pointed at a box of new rentals.
Steve was a idiot, most of the time, but he got the message.
The brunette grabbed the box and looked at the movies. Top gun, Goonies, Mad Max, all the latest crazes. Steve is a huge movie buff but he rarely sees movies with out his side kick.
So he figured he'd come back to these.
He began placing the movies in their respective spots. Making sure to organize by alphabetical order and genre.
Keith would kill him if they weren't in the right order, and his ass was already on the line. So he had to the the best Goddamn worker this mold stained, smelly shop has ever seen.
As he scanned around the shop to make sure everything was in place he spotted a movie, it seem a bit older. It had bold letters and a big mouth, covered in red lipstick.
He read the title to himself.
"The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Hm."
He noted the movie down in his head, it looked enthralling and he had only seen the cover.
He wondered if Eddie would like it.
It seemed like his scene.
He wanted to ask Robin but she seemed busy enough.
He placed back the movie and traced the cover a bit, the shiny plastic felt good against his rough hands. He sighed as he looked at the ground and spotted some dirt, he hated dirt.
So he walked to the staff room, rummaging through a custodial closet to find a broom. The dainty light did not help whatsoever, yet he did manage to find one as he picked up the old thing.
It was falling apart at the bristles and looked like it hadn't been used in years.
It was better than a dirty floor with God knows what type of fecal matter.
What's disgusting germs these people track in.
What sickness they have.
You might ask yourself, 'Why would Steve be so afraid of dirt.' Two words. Evil Russians.
Ever since those stupid Russians and their stupidly clean torture base it's been a whole thing. Robin can't stand no mess because it reminds her of the stainless steel box and Steve can't stand the mess because of the ingrained image of that same stainless steel box in his head.
He huffed out and walked past Robin who seemed to be less preoccupied.

"Hey what are you doing?"
She placed a painted nailed hand on his chest, stopping him.
He sniffed in a bit.
"I'm gonna clean the floor, why?"
She made an unimpressed look and groaned, very clearly annoyed.
"You wanna explain why no one saw you after school? Dustin needed a ride and he had to call me! Of all people!"
She drew back her hand, placing the freckled fingers on her temples and began rubbing circles into them.
"Something came up..."
He looked off to the side and bit on his lip, trying to get out of the uncomfortable conversation.
"Are you still having nightmares Steve? Y'know I get them too still, but keeping them all inside isn't healthy."
She clasped her hands together and raised her eyebrows in concern.
"No it's- God this is gonna sound so stupid, but I'm having relationship problems."
He hesitated as he looked the girl in her eyes. She now looked astonished, like she wanted to know every detail while still throwing it in his face.
"You, Steve Harrington, have relationship problems? With who! Every girl in this dumb town loves you!"
"It's..."
He leaned and lowered down a bit. Whispering into her ear.
"It's a guy."
Suddenly a loud 'what' basically fell out of her mouth. Like if someone just told her that the Sasquatch was real, and at this point, she would now believe it.
Steve tried to shush her but all efforts where in vain.
"Steve, your love life is of labyrinthine complexity and now you lay this on me! With out even telling me in advance! The only person you can tell!"
Steve started to fidget with the pins on his vest.
"I wanted to tell you! It was just so fast! We didn't confess our feelings or any of that cheesy stuff, it was more of a...passion thing."
At this point Robin was basically wiping the floor clean with her jaw, any and all semblance of sanity had gone smashed to tiny little bits.
"A 'passion' thing?! A man some how managed to get passionate with you."
He cringed at thought of all the lewd things he and Eddie had done.
The freckled girl clearly saw a blush spread across his face and gagged.
Still she was curious.
"Do I know him?"
Steve nodded and began to shake his leg.
"Yeah uh, he said he had band with you?-"
Now Robin was done for. For the past five minutes she tried to piece together who this mystery man was and now it all made perfectly confusing sense.
Eddie The fucking Freak Munson.
"You- You slept with Eddie?!?"
Robin was now harshly shaking the taller boy, trying to shake out the truth.
"In the technical sense yes! It wasn't really...sex I guess. It was more,
... helping each other out?"
"Ew! Gross! Don't say 'helping each other out'!"
She huffed out and backed away, leaning against the red counter.
Steve only picked at his lips more, tearing off bits of skin and crushing it between his teeth.
It was gross sure, but it helped him focus more on that pain than on the excruciatingly embarrassing conversation.
"Well.. I don't know if we're dating or?-"
He facepalmed, dragging his fingers down his warm face.
"What do you mean you don't know if you guys are dating?! Did you ask each other out or not?"
Steve shook his head, tuffs of hair messing up in the process.
As he started to fix the damage he spoke.
"He wants to meet up after my shift and before I left he- We, made out."
Robin smiled widely, clapping her hands together and jumping up on her heels.
"That's good! That means he wants to be serious with you!!"
Steve smiled a little, looking around the barren store.
"I hope so.."
The freckled girl rolled her eyes, as hesitated to speak.
"How's school?- I know I haven't been helping you to much but I'm still trying to get into a college."
Steve's smile quickly faded.