Harmony

It was still light out when they got to the dinner Eddie had instructed Steve to go to.
The pair had spent the last 15 minutes in a comfortable silence, rock music playing very lightly in the background.
Eddie was so intoxicating Steve could hear his heartbeat in his ears.
He sighed out lowly.

"You look nice Eddie- You put makeup on?"
The metalhead nodded and smiled.
"Glad you noticed, you kept on the outfit I gave you so we match. Sorta?-"
Steve laughed a bit and turned off the car, getting out to go around to open Eddie's door once more.
The door opened with a click and Eddie got out slowly, long legs taking their time as he finally stood up.
"Thank you my liege."
Eddie basically purred that out as he looked Steve in the eyes, winking one last time before sauntering away.
The younger boy closed the door and followed closely behind.
Looking at the red neon sign which read 'Jolly Times.' It seemed nice as they peered in, a woman in a stereotypical waitress about outfit helping out couples who seemed just like Eddie and Steve.
People of all differences sittings within the pink and blue diner.
Steve hurred ahead to open the door again.
"Well Harrington, didn't know you were just a gentleman."
Eddie walked past and smiled, watching as Steve fumbled behind him.
A middle aged woman walked towards the two boys smiling.
"Table for two?"
Eddie tapped his boots against the tile floor.
"Yep, thank you Ma'am."
She turned around to walk then but stopped, making the boys hault as well.
She slowly turned around and looked Eddie up and down.
The waitress twirled her pony tail as she clicked some gum in her mouth.
"Do I know you? You seem familiar. What's your name boy?"
Eddie looked at her funny but straightened up his posture and stuck his hand out.
"Eddie, Eddie Munson."
She grabbed his hand and shook it firmly, examining up all the tattoos that laid on his pale skin.
"You related to Wanye Munson?"
Steve looked between the two in a bit of a shock.
The metalhead was also startled but tried his best to keep composure.
"He's my Uncle- Do you know him?"
She smiled widely and hurred the boys to a more secluded table.
Pushing them all the way towards the back to a well lit spot.
It was surrounded by old records and a rusty jukebox that they were sure didn't work.
She set down two menus and whipped out her pad.
The boys took the sign and sat down on the red booth.
It wasn't exactly comfortable since well, there was small holes in the seat where it seemed to have been torn.
They paid no mind and looked at the women.
She just smiled and bounced on the tips of her toes.
Like she was holding something in.
"What can I get you started with?"
Steve looked around.
"Can I get a coke?"
She jotted it down with a black pen on the yellow notepad looking over at Eddie with more and more excitement.
"I'll have a vanilla milkshake-"
She nodded and wrote that down, with a quick swipe of her pen off of the pad.
"I'll explain everything once I'm back! K?"
The boys nodded confusedly.
The woman walked away, with a small skip in her step.
Steve and Eddie shared looks, fiddling with the various thing on the table.
"That was weird-"
Steve spoke, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Yeah... I wonder what Wanye has to do with her? He recommended this place."
The freckled licked his lips.
"She seemed happy."
Eddie nodded and messed with his rings, clinking them against the plastic table.
Then shifting his vision to the white menus.
"We should look at food."
He grabbed one and placed it in front of himself.
"Or- we can eat something at the movies. I just want something sweet for now."
Steve slid the menu over to himself, tapping on a picture of fries.
"I could go for some fries I suppose, I haven't had any in a while."
Eddie chuckled.
"What the Great Steve Harrington doesn't like greasy food?"
The younger of the two just rolled his eyes and snickered.
"I like fried food. I just haven't been y'know, eating like normal lately."
Eddie looked from side to side, dark eyes shooting from booth to booth just to make sure no one was listening in.
He leaned in.
Resting on his elbows, face in hands.
"Can I ask why? You don't have tell me, I'll drop it and we'll never talk about it."
Steve shook his head.
"It's not that- I think I have some sort of...trauma? I don't know I get horrible nightmares and like these hallucinations."
He rubbed his hands together as he shakely spoke.
Eddie smiled softly, using a hand to hold Steve's clasped hands.
"It's alright, I understand. You can trust me okay? I know this is like a first date that we're having, and it's your first date with a guy but- I really like you."
The shorter boy started to bounce his leg in worry, hoping not to be rejected.
He tensed up as he looked at Steve's avoiding eyes.
"I like you too Eddie. I'm just worried I won't get better."
He sighed, finally looking up at Eddie sheepishly.
Eddie opened his mouth to speak but was cut of by the same strange woman setting down the milkshake and soda.
Clapping her hands together at the boys.
"Oops sorry didn't mean to cut you off! I'm just so excited!!"
She smiled brightly from ear to ear.
The boy drew back from each other and looked at her, kind of annoyed and kind of interested. Interested nonetheless.
"So uhm where do I start."
She dragged over a metal chair which screeched against the floor.
The all cringed but shook it off.
She sat down, fixing her apron and dress.
Siting up straight and smiling.
"Eddie?- Can I call you Eddie?"
The boy nodded.
"My name is Angie, I knew Wanye from his.. wife. Did you know her?"
Eddie looked a bit puzzled.
"I didn't know her, I think she died before I was born.-"
She smiled looking off, like if she was recalling old memories.
Eddie just sipped on his milkshake as Steve slowly let him hand find the others, squeezing it a bit.
"She was a sweet woman, she must of.. passed away before you were born."
She teared up a bit, using her knuckles to sweep away the drops before it ruined her mascara.
"Her name was Mary, she was, different?"
Eddie put his milkshake down and looked at Steve, then back at Angie."
"What do you mean different?"
He questioned seeming a bit annoyed.
She quickly took note and began apologizing and ducked her eyes down.
"I mean no disrespect!!- She was- I didn't mean it as-... Eddie."
She looked up making eye contact with him.
"I know this is so very sudden and probably very confusing but I didn't know Wanye never told you. I just, seeing you- you look so much like him I should have never said anything-"
She tried to get up but was stopped by a gentle hand holding onto her apron, like some lost kid.
Eddie was holding it, looking up with a pure child like look.
"No- please, I want to know."
She smiled, letting the tears roll down as she sat.
Steve rushed and grabbed some napkins out of the metal box at the end of the table, passing them to her.
"What was she like?"
Eddie was now holding her hand as well as Steves, in a protective and comforting way.
The woman looked over at the music box.
"She loved music, a wonderful taste in it. She loved soft rock."
Eddie grinned, knowing now why Wanye loved those old timey songs.
"She never back down from anything. And she loved Wanye so very much. She was his world. But as I said she was different."
She clenched his hand a bit, biting that corner of her red lips. Furrowing her eyebrows up in a sad look.
"In what way? Like different how- I am?"
He sort of motioned towards himself and Steve. Not as ashamed as he would have been with anyone else.
She nodded and dug through her pockets.
"She was, transgender."