Prologue

Damian's POV:

"Father...?"

No, no, no...this can't be happening!

I looked around for something to hit the strange man with. He needed to let go of my Dad now! I spotted a lamp and ripped the top off. I ran straight towards the man that had my Dad tied up. Screaming, I swung the lamp, but the man grabbed it before it even touched him.

I gasped. Growling, I turned to my older brother, Dimitri. He was just standing there, doing nothing. "Fine...if I have to do everything myself, I will..." I muttered under my breath.

I tried punching the man, but he just stopped me by the head and dialled the cops. Tears filled my eyes. They couldn't be taking Father away! They just couldn't! The man surprisingly tossed me gently aside.

"Stay out of this." He said in his very deep and very mature voice. He was a strange sort of man...strong and powerful, yet he seemed tender and nice. All I could see was his blonde hair, he had a black mask and a fedora to cover the rest.

When he turned back to father, his eyes grew sorrowful. "I don't normally feel this, and I shouldn't, but you kids are better off without this man. I know he's your Father, and I'd be upset too, so I'm sorry for taking him away, but it has to be done. Maybe someday you'll understand."

"I'll never understand! The only thing I understand right now is that you're giving him away to the cops! What did he ever do—"

"Silence, brother." Dimitri had finally spoken. I wheeled around to face him. "You can't tell me to shut up. You know why? Because your pie hole has been shut this whole time! You haven't done anything!."

Dimitri sighed. "And there is good reason for that. Someday...you will understand, little brother."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I heard the sirens and turned back to face the strange man, but he was gone...and so was father...He told me to be strong in times like these, but the tears were too strong for me.

Father...was really gone...He was going to jail...But, why?

Dimitri didn't comfort me at all, he had shed one single tear during the whole thing and pretended like nothing happened.

"Come on, Damian. Let's clean up this mess before Mother gets home."

Of course, I had to do what he asked. The whole time, I couldn't stop thinking about that man...he didn't seem like he was with the cops, or the FBI. I swore I knew him...somehow. That's when it clicked. I did know him; blonde hair, deep voice, blue eyes...the man was Loid Forger—Anya Forger's Dad. I tried to keep my cool, I'm trying to be a man, not a baby. Finally keeping the rage boiling in my stomach, I found a picture of everyone in Cecile Hall, Group 3. I looked for the Forger family and grabbed the scissors out of the drawer. I cut the family out. They didn't deserve to be in a photo with me and my family.

I grew a wicked grin. I wondered if Anya knew her Dad was a...oh what do you call it? Was he a spy or something? Sure, we'll go with that. Even if she didn't, from this day on I was going to make it my mission to do everything in my power to make her life miserable.

A/N: hello everyone! hope you're already enjoying the storyyy. anways, this is my first collab! my partner in writing this story is         fantasybuff3186       and i hope you enjoy what we're writing! we will post a new chapter every week!