Chapter 2

Damian's POV:

I laughed evilly as I saw Becky's car pull up. Recently, Little Miss Forger had been catching a ride with her, so I knew she would be in there. I made sure my minions were in position and had the bottles ready.

Becky came out first, followed by Anya. "Now!" I yelled. We laughed as we popped the bottle caps and watched them soar through the air and hit the girls. We laughed as we saw the girls spin around to face us, fire lit up in their eyes.

Making herself loud enough so we could hear them, Becky said, "You would think that now we're 15 they would've matured. But alas...I guess they haven't." Anya let out a dangerous laugh. "Exactly Becky, exactly." Anya gave me one last smirk and headed with Becky into the school.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, let's go."

"Ay ai sir!"

Walking into the school, I held my head high. Everyone thought I was the king of the school. You know, maybe I was. People respected me, and I was definitely fine with that. As long as people treated me like their superior and didn't find out about my Father, everything was fine. Everything was fine—

"Yo Damian, we uh...haven't hung out in a while. I miss seeing your Dad." I stopped in my tracks. Why did my minions always have to talk about this? My eyes started to cloud over and my mouth was open. No, I wasn't going to let them see me like this! I cleared my throat. "Enough. I don't care if you've seen my Dad recently or not—"

"Technically, we haven't seen him in 10 years so—"

"Silence! I refuse to talk about anything that doesn't have to do with school!"

Emile and Ewen–yes, they have names–exchanged a look. I rolled my eyes. "We're going to be late to class," I grumbled. I looked straight ahead and I may have been imagining it...but Anya had looked back with a sympathetic expression. What was she looking at me for? I glared at her and she jerked her head forward. Yeah, that's what I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Does anyone know the answer to..."

Ugh. Being an Imperial Scholar is so boring. I thought finally getting here would leave me satisfied, but I guess since Dad's not around anymore, I don't care. Teachers are scared of what I might do anyway, so they don't bother notifying home when I do...let's just say...things.

"Damian!" I snapped back to reality. The teacher sighed. "I've called you three times already."

"Oh..." The heat started rising to my cheeks and the tips of my ears. I could hear the girls giggling in the back. The teacher clapped her hands. "Alright everyone, as I was saying, Damian, I need you to listen because I'm assigning you your partner for this project, and do not say that you can do it on your own." I rolled my eyes and slumped in my seat.

"Damian Desmond, your partner is...Anya Forger."

Time stopped. I couldn't breathe. Why her? Before I knew it, I was on my feet. "Are you kidding me?! I don't want to be her partner! Pick someone else! I'd rather be partnered with Becky!"

"And what is that supposed to mean?!" Becky was yelling at me now as well. I ignored her. The teacher ignored my protests and finalised that Anya Forger would be my partner.

Great, I thought, she better not expect me to take her to my house. Then again, I don't want to share the same air as the guy who put my Father in jail...ugh, screw you teacher.

I glanced behind me to see if Anya had reacted at all, but again, she gave me that sympathetic look she had given me in the hall. My blood was boiling.

Anya liked getting good grades, so I would do anything to sabotage this project and make the teacher give Anya a low score. I smirked and a wicked grin grew on my face.