p r i n c e s s

Eddie Munson.

During lunch is when I met The Freak of Hawkins High. He wasn't all I was told about, in fact he was rather sweet, flirtatious and genuinely funny.

It was on a Tuesday morning when it started, really. I had English, a really boring class to have first thing in the morning, but nobody cared enough, not even the teacher. We all read quietly and answered a couple questions on the books we read. After English was Math and after Math was Spanish. That's when I saw him, during the passing period in the hallways.

His laughter filled the halls as he stumbled and staggered with his arm around the Henderson boy and his friend, Wheeler. They all laughed but his laughter stood out to me the most. The look of genuine glee across his face as Mike mentions their campaign on their next meeting, or when Dustin made a cheesy dad joke.

His lovely voice echoed through my head after he bid them a farewell for a couple of hours, promising to see them during lunch. I had snapped out of my trance when I felt a hand on my shoulder, startling me to fall back into the material realm instead of floating in the clouds with my thoughts of the Munson boy.

I twist around to see Chrissy smiling at me, "Hey, you've been spacey all day, what were you even staring at?" She looks around me to spot Eddie gazing at the both of us as well. My face heats up immediately as I turn to my locker, grabbing my textbooks and slamming the door to it shut and trudging away, a giggling Chrissy trotting behind me, calling for me to slow down.

She nudges me and looks back behind us, I follow her gaze to catch Munson still staring at us with a dazed and entranced look on his pretty face. I perk up and turn my head back around as I speed up and turn a corner to head to class.

Chrissy and I make small talk during class and afterwards we split ways to head to the lunchroom with our separate friend groups. Me and Chrissy were good friends but we understood Highschool and knew we wouldn't interfere with each other's groups in fear of being split up because of a couple of unwanted opinions.

As I head off to lunch alone I think back to the Munson boy, The Freak, the well known drug dealer and the most gorgeous boy I'd ever seen. His dark eyes replay in my mind, squinting as his rosey cheeks lift with his gloriously shiney smile - Gods, did he do wonders on my mind.

It was the first I'd ever actually seen him. He'd always be a myth or legend to me, a ghost story to scare me because I did something he would have done. I never believed he truly existed as he never crossed my path and I'd never thought to check into any of the yearbooks or attendance sheets I'd have to look over as a Teachers Pet.

Yeah, I'm a teacher's pet. I went through an early college program that aided in my first job findings and this seemed easy enough as I connected to the students on a literal level. Sure they joked me about it but respected me nonetheless.

As I turned to an empty table to sit with my food, I felt a burning gaze in the back of my skull. I slip into my seat and turn my head to search for the undying gaze, catching no one and turning back around to rummage through my small bag of lunch.

I lift my headphones to my walkman and turn on my Ritchie Valens tape, We Belong Together playing nicely to cover the noise of the crowded yet spacey cafeteria room. I hum quietly to myself as I stare down at my food, determining whether or not I'm even hungry.

My mind is pulled from that decision as Chrissy sits in front of me with a wide grin, pulling my headphones down and pausing my music. I give her my full attention. She lowers her head and points pass me, causing me to once again turn to search behind me in the direction she points in.

I catch the eyes of Eddie Munson as he stares dead into my own, my face heating up once again and my head turning away back to Chrissy, who was happily trotting away from me. I scoff and start to call for her but immediately stop as my instincts tell me to look at Eddie again as I feel his gaze fall from me temporarily.