10. In A Dilemma.

***Parth's POV.***

"Are you really sure about this, Parth?" Neel asks me as I look at the rings.

"Why wouldn't he be?" Saina asks and I glare at Neel.

"I mean, they just met and now they are getting engaged after only one day. Isn't this all too fast?" He asks.

"Well, think of it like this, babe. If they get married soon enough, our path will be clear." She says.

"My sister-in-law is so clever. Tell me which one of these do you want?" I ask, showing her the rows of rings.

"Buy for your fiance. Leave mine out of it. Come Saina, I will buy something else for you. What about those earrings?" Neel says taking her away.

"That looks cute." She says and looks back at me with a smile and I wink at her.

"Now which one to choose? Mom has to send me all alone to choose a ring. Can't she have sent one of the Bhabhis to help me out?" I ask myself.

It has been only a day since I said yes to the marriage with Dr. Saira Chopra and today in the evening we have an engagement. Mom already assigned everyone with colossal tasks and mine was to choose a ring for my bride and also a jewelry set. On top of that, every lady in the house gave me an extensive list of things I have to pick up.

"Show me something that is light and doesn't bother much while working or writing. My fiancee is a doctor." I say.

"Sure, Sir. Here these are the new collection and also the lightest but beautiful rings for engagement." He says, putting two boxes in front of me.

"This feels so weird. What am I even supposed to choose? What does she even like? Sapphire? Or emerald? Or diamonds?" I ask myself.

"Opals." I hear and turn to see the person for whom I am here.

"Saira, what are you doing here? Weren't you busy with an interview?" I ask with a frown.

"I was, but I finished it early after Saira told me about your predicament. Also, I got the job to find a ring for you, too. So why don't we help each other out?" She asks simply.

"Sure. I want something simple, too." I say.

"Can you show me something in silver for men and rose gold rings with opals for women?" She asks.

"So, how was the interview?" I ask.

"Good." She says simply.

"Did you get the job?" I ask.

"I got the offer, and I said I will think about it." She says as the manager brings out rings.

"And what did you think?" I ask.

"Uhh..." She says, "I am not sure."

"How many offers do you have, anyway?" I ask casually.

"Five." She says with a shrug.

"Five offers and you still can't decide." I ask in astonishment.

"Look, it's difficult. The first step I take today would decide my entire future." She says.

"How?" I ask, confused.

"My dream is to have a hospital of my own ‌like any other doctor, with free treatment, along with other things. And to achieve that dream, I have two ways. Either I select a reputed hospital and get popular or I work in a mediocre hospital and get experience which I will never get in the first one and also a good reputation. But I will do get some exemplary cases in a reputed hospital. I am just confused." She says.