1. Hazel

She knew something was going to go bad that night. She had felt it in her gut most of the evening when they were all getting ready. Daija gave everyone a heads up, and she told her that if anything were to go wrong, stick beside either her or Adrienne.

Them revealing that Jamie was dangerous confirmed the weird feeling Hazel had felt about him from the start, and she was thankful that the only thing they did was talk and flirt. Still, she wished things were different, and even though she hated to admit it, it was eating at her a lot more than she thought it would.

On the bright side, she loved the dress she wore. The deep red was a perfect contrast against her blue hair. Though she loved the blue dye, she was starting to miss the purple and decided that she might do it again once the color fades.

The gala celebrating Violet's success as an intern was everything she had hoped for. Devin and Elijah were there, and all of them spent the entire night dancing the night away.

As she was dancing with Violet and Daija, she got the feeling that someone was watching her. She took a quick look around the crowded party, and her attention fell towards one of the corners of the ballroom where she found two men talking.

One of them she recognized was Daija's boyfriend, since she introduced her to her before they went dress shopping. The other man she didn't recognize, and that was the man who was watching her. He was tall, and she could tell that he was muscular underneath the dark suit he was wearing. His skin was a light brown, and his hair was dark and curly.

As he took a sip from his glass, his eyes -- dark brown, soft, but piercing -- met hers directly. Her breath hitched slightly, and a tingly warmth spread throughout her body, pinning her feet to her spot. Hazel watched as his gaze dipped from her eyes, slowly down her figure, then back up again. Then, the corner of his mouth lifted upward.

Her mouth dried, and she exhaled softly. His stare alone made her nervous. She couldn't imagine what the rest of him could do.

Should I imagine what the rest of him could do? She thought, and she bit her tongue to snap out of it. Then right on cue, Adrienne tapped her on the shoulder and asked if she wanted to get some food.

The night continued all well, until it wasn't well. It started with her getting sick. An awful headache, then followed up with a stomach ache that was equally as bad. Then Adrienne revealed that she was spiked somehow. Violet and Daija took her to the bathroom and Wylan promised to stay close. Then, the power went out.

After that, it became a fucking nightmare.

Daija was massaging Hazel's temples to help her feel better, and Violet went to get her a cold towel to help with her fever. In a flash, Wylan and Violet were knocked unconscious and Daija was kidnapped by her own best friend and his brother who was a part of the heroes.

Jamie admitted to drugging her like it was nothing. The look in his eyes when he told her to stay out of it scared the living hell out of her. When they left with an unconscious Daija, they locked her and the others in the bathroom. She was the only one awake, but it was hard to get someone's help. The power was out, and the commotion from the ballroom was loud.

She tried waking up Vi and Wylan, tried pounding on the door, but whatever drug that was in her system made her so weak and so sick. She started crying as she tried to breathe through the sickness. Jamie said the drug wouldn't kill her, but it sure as hell felt like it would.

Do something, she thought to herself. Who knows what the fuck they're going to do to Daija if I don't get help right now. She shuddered, and tried to think straight. When the power was switched back on, she tried even harder.