5. Luca

Luca was just leaving his office when he heard something crash, followed up with someone angrily shouting.

Worried, he rushed down the hall. When he reached the end of it, he nearly crashed into Simon, who also looked concerned. "What's going on?" he asked.

"Don't know," Simon answered.

"...Break in?"

"I don't think so. Alarms would be going insane if there was force on the outside. However, there could be a possibility of another intruder like before when Sisi's lab got broken into. Commotion came from that way," he said as he pointed further down. The two of them ran towards it, then stopped in their tracks at what they saw.

"Get the fuck off of me!" A woman shouted as she struggled in the grip of two henchmen that restrained her. She had brown skin, dark, loose curly hair that was done in two braids and honey-brown eyes. She also had a bruise on her cheek, and she looked like she put up quite a fight before the one she was putting up now.

"...What the hell?" Luca muttered.

Simon looked like he was about to intervene, then heard a familiar chuckle. Austin. "Well, well," he started as he approached her, smirking at the pure rage on her face. "Welcome to my world, princess."

"This has to be Rose," Simon whispered to Luca.

He nodded once. "Oh, without a doubt."

Rose attempted to lunge at Austin, but the henchmen's grip on her was too tight. "Ten guys against one woman?" She hissed through her teeth, her eyes narrowing into a vicious glare. "You're a way bigger bitch than I thought you were. So upset that I kicked your ass that you called for back-up?"

"After what you've done, I think the last fucking thing I'd ever want to be to you is fair," he said, and Luca almost flinched at the hatred that now burned in Austin's eyes. "Besides, you also had back-up. Not my fault they didn't last long in a fight."

Rose cursed, and she managed to get her arm free of the henchman holding it before throwing a fast punch towards Austin's face. Her fist connected with his nose, and the henchmen quickly decided to lock her arms behind her back.

"Holy shit," Luca breathed out as his eyes widened.

Austin sighed irritatedly as blood trickled down from his nose, but he didn't show any signs that he was in pain. Just annoyed. His eyes darkened as Rose laughed, her smile sharp and unforgiving.

"You know," she started as she met his eyes, "you're a shitty leader. Also, my guys lasted much longer than you ever will." Then her voice lowered to a taunting whisper. "How's that arm?"

Luca remembered Austin asking Daija to heal an injury on his arm about a week ago. He never would've guessed that it was Rose who caused it.

Austin only smiled softly at her taunt, and used the back of his hand to wipe the blood from his nose as he stared at her. Luca couldn't tell if the gleam in his eyes was anger or excitement with hints of violent promise.

"Take her downstairs," he said to the henchmen as he stepped forward and grabbed her jaw firmly, chuckling when he saw her wince slightly. "I'll be there later on tonight. We'll see if she laughs then."

He released her, and Rose tried to get free again, screaming threats and harsh strings of curses as she was dragged away. Luca and Simon watched as Austin shut his eyes and took a breath to calm himself. "See what I mean?" he asked them.

There was a clapping sound, and the three of them turned to see Daija clapping her hands together as she leaned against the wall with an amused smile. She was dressed in her suit and matching gear, and the bright glimmer in her eyes indicated that she used her cryokinesis not too long ago.