2. Luca

Luca had fantasized about brutally killing Jamie at least fifty times since finding Hazel in the bathroom at OpalSpace.

He took a deep breath, then entered one of the smaller training rooms. Like he guessed, Austin was there, shirtless and focused on throwing hard punches at a punching bag.

When he saw him approach, Austin stopped and pulled out his earbuds. "Hey, didn't Daija tell you to get some rest?"

"She told all of us to get some rest," he said with a soft smile. It was the first kind thing they've said to each other in the last eighteen hours. His smile dropped at the memories of what happened the night before, and he sighed, "I wanted to apologize for being a dick last night, and this morning at the manor. I was angry and I wasn't thinking straight."

Austin's green eyes were soft, and he smiled in return. "You're fine. Not the first time we fought. Besides, everyone is safe and our newbie is alive and well. That's all that matters. It's just..." he trailed off, and he saw anger spark in his eyes for a brief second. "I'm worried for our Reids. Sierra hasn't been holding up well, and Simon said he just wanted to be alone."

"I hate how they're forced to live through this all over again. It's fucking insane," Luca said, leaning against the wall with his head tipped back so he was facing the ceiling. "Jamie kept those files because he knew he'd need them one day to manipulate Simon. Are Daija, Tony and Adrienne still digging through his apartment?"

"Yeah," he answered. "I got a text from Tony not too long ago. They found a whole laboratory there, including the bullshit he drugged Hazel with."

Luca felt a sudden spike of rage at the memory of Hazel being in so much pain and fear. Daija spoke so highly of Jamie, according to Simon, and it seemed like she would've done anything for him, but he betrayed her. Then he drugged Hazel -- an innocent woman who was truly defenseless -- as a part of his fucked up plan.

"I hope Daija tortures the shit out of him when she's ready," he muttered.

"She will. I have no doubt," Austin replied as he walked over to where his bag was and pulled his shirt over his form. "I know we checked on her earlier and sent her a bunch of baskets, but have you heard anything else from Hazel?"

"Adrienne said that she's with her family," he said. He knew that already because earlier, he had practically annoyed Adrienne for any updates about her.

"Do you want her number so you can check on her yourself?" she asked with a small smile. "I'm sure she'd love to hear from you."

"Oh, no need. I just wanted to make sure she was safe. That's all."

"Luca?" Austin asked as he snapped his fingers. "Are you here with me?"

"Sorry, what was that?"

The asshole was grinning now. "Oh, I see."

"See what?"

"You sound defensive."

"Because I know what you're going to say, and I'm letting you know now: You have no idea what you're talking about."

Austin chuckled at that, then asked, "Do you remember when you gave Simon a reading and told him that a new energy was entering his life? Then the shock on his face when he realized that the energy in question was Daija?"

"Yes. Why?"

"It must be your turn. Don't think Reid and I didn't notice how antsy you were last night even long before everything went to shit. You pulled your own cards before the party and didn't believe it, hm?"