C6

" Felicity can't come. Something about her and her sisters going to Seattle, so... it's just Sara and a girl named Joslynn. Sara invited her," Charlene informed her sister as they drove from school that Thursday.

" Well, I suppose it's okay. And no worries about Felicity. I guess it's a Cullen thing not liking the beach crowds," Bella said lightly, trying not to feel too disappointed with another Cullen bailing on them.

Charlene watched the overly abundant green scenery pass by the car as they drove past. She was thinking about her friend Felicity who seemed eager to come until she heard where they were going to go.

" Uh ... I'm sorry, but I just remembered that my sisters and I had planned to go to Seattle this Saturday," was her exact words, which sounded suspiciously unconvincing.

Charlene wondered why the Cullens doesn't like First Beach in La Push Reservation. Even Sara said that it's a little weird.

Gordon Newton hadn't been bothering them today. It had been a relief to both Charlene and Sara. It was probably because of the Cullen girl who sat with them today. Felicity can be quite scary if she meant to.

Charlene still didn't like the other Cullen kids staring at her. Especially the blonde guy who Felicity said is Jasper Hale, twin brother of Rosalie, a blonde girl who is a senior in school. Obviously Jasper is a senior also.

There was something off about all the Cullens, but the weirdest of all the Cullens are Alice who's boyfriend is another Hale named Lloyd. Lloyd always looked angry unlike Jasper who looked like he had severe pain somewhere.

Charlene couldn't help but wonder if he had an illness that warranted his pain-filled expressions of each passing day. However, she didn't dare ask Felicity. She couldn't even ask why Lloyd seemed to be always angry. She was too much of a coward for that. If Hogwarts was real she'd definitely not be a Gryffindor.

She had to mentally laugh at herself for that one. At least she can try the other three houses.

" So...is it going to be warm out? Or do we need thick layers?," she questioned.

Bella shrugged. " I don't know. We'll keep an eye on the weather reports. I hope it's sunny. I miss the sun, you know."

Charlene held back a comment about not knowing. Instead she nodded. No use telling her sister what she was thinking.
             __________
" And it's Friday, Friday, Friday," Charlene sang happily. She hated school so much that each Friday was a blessing because it meant the weekend was finally here.

" You seem joyous," Charlie commented as she walked into the kitchen.

" I am. It's Friday,and there's no school tomorrow," she replied smiling.

Charlie laughed at that , but didn't say anything about it. Instead he said, " I've decided to clean up the attic for you. There's a whole room up there that the original owner built. There's no bathroom, though. You'd still have to share with us."

Charlene looked down at the floor. She'd gotten used to the old lumpy mattress in his bedroom. But he probably wanted his room back now after sleeping on the couch for weeks.

" There's a bed in there too. I'll check if it's still usable. We can go to Port Angeles to buy bedding and stuff tomorrow."

Her heart sunk. She'd been looking forward to going to the beach with Bella. Now it seemed that she was going to have to bail on that.

" Dad, we're going to First Beach tomorrow," Bella spoke up from behind her, causing her to jump slightly," We can go to Port Angeles when we get back."

Charlie sighed. " I'm sorry ,Bells, but I only have time to go in the morning. But it's okay. Just tell me which colour you like and I'll buy the bedding in that colour. You're gonna need curtains too."

" I like sunflowers," Charlene said ," I'd like sunflowers in my room."

Charlie took a last swig of his coffee before getting up. " I'll see if I can get sunflower printed bedding. Okay ,Girls, I'm off to work now. Don't be late for school, you hear?" With that he marched out of there.

Charlene turned to Bella who stood staring blankly at the kitchen table. " Maybe we should get a move on?," she suggested.

Bella blinked coming out of her slight trance. " Uh ....yeah, let's go."

They then got their backpacks before walking towards the front door.

Charlene wondered vaguely what her sister had been thinking about. However, she didn't pry.
             _________
School was like usual , but today Gordon Newton decided to pounce again. On the girl named Joslynn.

The girl had braces and wore glasses. He called her nasty names while she walked to class with Sara and Charlene. One of the names were as unoriginal as vanilla ice cream with thousands and hundreds sprinkled on top.

Four Eyes. A name that hurt more people who wore glasses than anyone have ever known. To top it off , Joslynn had fiery red curls that looked like it was alight with flame. So he taunted her with a little tune. " Fire,Fire, bring sand and water." It was quite annoying.

And then there was another stupid unoriginal, Brace Face.

Charlene had to steel herself to not say anything because she didn't want another Bella lecture. Although, she felt sorry for not doing anything because she could see how it hurt Joslynn that the disgusting twerp was taunting her.

She really wanted to say something, but she thought of Bella's lecture. She didn't want to end up in the principal's office.

" Stop it!," Sara finally decided to defend Joslynn and that was a mistake because Gordon Newton began taunting her about her weight and how much she looked like a pig in a wig. Yeah, he probably read Harry Potter at some point in his miserable life and that's all what he remembered the most.

" Well, you don't look so fresh yourself, Baby Newton," Charlene scoffed when she couldn't take it anymore," Don't think I don't know about your big brother issues. Yeah, Mike's baby brother is trying to grow a beard and chest hair so he can get out from under Mike's shadow. Ain't that true, Baby Newton, huh? You bully others cause big brother Mike is like a big fat stain that you can't get rid of, so you take it out on other people. At least we don't live to please our big brothers and sisters. At least we have true friends. Yours probably just hope Mike will acknowledge them. Now run along or I'll give you another new hairstyle, Punk."

With that she grabbed Joslynn and Sara's hands , walking away and leaving a completely shellshock Gordon in the dust....um...the hallway with people that looked like they wanted to laugh and cry at the same time gawking at them.
            _________
Just a filler. I hope you enjoyed. If you read this on Quotev , it's mine, so don't worry.