C11

Charlene couldn't  get Jasper Hale out of her mind the next day after she'd  seen him for that brief  moment  in her room.

She wondered  why she was like  that. She never  really  thought  about boys  much, yet here she was, thinking  about Jasper  Hale all the time.

Bella had been  quiet all morning as they ate their breakfast and then did whatever  they wanted because  it was the weekend  again.

Charlene  helped her sister do the laundry while Bella  vacuumed the house with their father's  old vacuum cleaner that looked like it came from the middle  ages or something.  It made a lot of noise, but thankfully it did  a good job getting  rid of all the dust.

"They are vampires, " Charlene  heard Bella suddenly say from behind her as she was folding the clean  and dry laundry. " I've done my research, Charlene.  I think I'm  going to confront Edward on Monday.  You should  try confronting  Jasper. He seems to like you, if I'm  not mistaken. "

Charlene  wanted to scoff at that last part, but she didn't.  She instead couldn't  help but stare at her sister.  She didn't  want to confront anyone.  She wanted to forget the whole vampire thing.

She didn't  tell that to Bella,  though, as she continued  folding the laundry, chewing  on her bottom  lip with a troubled  look in her eyes.
                     ❤️‍🔥❤❤️‍🔥
Jasper Hale  watched his brother  follow  the eldest  Swan girl into the forest by the school.

He knew what that meant. He turned his head  to look towards the younger Swan girl. She wasn't  looking  at him. She was talking to her friends,his sister Felicity  included.

He wondered  if the younger  Swan girl knew. It made him worry that she might say something  to her other friends. He needed to get her alone and question her.

He looked  to Felicity.  She didn't  look like she was worried. He couldn't detect that emotion from her either, but that didn't  say much as Felicity  could always block everyone  out if she wanted to.

He pursed his lips and frowned. Charlene  shouldn't  get the chance to talk when Felicity  isn't  around. He would  persuade her not to, even if it was the last thing he'd  ever wanted to do. She is his mate. She must listen to him. He would make her listen to him.

He stiffened, growling inwardly at his stupid thoughts; at the Major that is a controlling ass. She wasn't something  to control. And he wasn't  the type of guy who'd  be forcing a woman to listen to him. Well, in this case, a girl actually. She wasn't  a woman yet.

His legs began to move, walking  over to her without him telling  himself  to. His legs just carried him there and before he could stop himself, he grabbed her hand, leading  her away from her friends, ignoring  the shocked looks they were giving  him.

He lead her out of the school parking  lot and down the street. He wasn't  as daring as Edward  that would go into a forest  alone with a girl who's  blood sang to him. He'd rather be safe than  sorry when something  bad could happen  even if Charlene's blood didn't  sing to him.  A secluded spot was still a big no-no  to him because  he always fought against  his own nature.

At least in a public place he wouldn't  dare  do anything so abhorrent  as attacking  an innocent  girl.
                     ❤️‍🔥❤️❤️‍🔥
His grip was gentle but firm as he lead her away from the school.

Charlene  wasn't  sure why she was being lead away from  school, but she had an inkling what it was about.  She didn't  want to say it, tough. He would  have to speak first before  she would say anything.

She side-eyed him. He looked exceptionally  good  today, and his hair seemed shorter. Maybe Alice or Felicity  cut his hair ? Or maybe, he himself did it. Did vampires' hair grow? They are technically undead, so....

She shook that thought away. It wasn't  her business.  She told Bella  that she wanted nothing  to do  with this whole thing as they drove  to school this morning and now look here . Here she was being lead by a gorgeous  male towards....who the hell  knows. Said male are a vampire.  Which meant he was part of what she wanted nothing to do with.

With that thought,  she started pulling against  his his grip, dragging her heels, anything  to get away  from him.

He halted to look at her with those beautiful  eyes  of his. She stopped struggling  against him to meet his gaze.

" Why are  you  doing this ?," she blurted," I didn't  ask__"

" I know!," he snapped, causing her to flinch. His face softened  momentarily, his eyes blinking calmly. " I'm  sorry....Look, I know,  but I reckoned  it's  best if we talk like Edward and  your sister.  I want to make sure that you  understand  the consequences  of her and you knowing  about  us. I also want to explain some...things to you. Now, come on. We can go somewhere  we can talk in private ."

She swallowed  nervously and nodded. " Okay ," she said," I just want  you to know that I didn't  want  anything  to do with this. You're  forcing me. Let the consequences  be on your  head."

He scoffed, rolling his eyes before pulling  her along as he continued  walking.
                   ❤️‍🔥❤️❤️‍🔥
" So, I get you and your family are vampires. It's  not such a big deal ," Charlene  snarked as she ate a burger he'd  bought for her before  they'd  gone to her house, where she'd  lead him to her room.

" Not a big deal? Right....Sure...If you say so," he said watching  her eat.

He had a bizarre  moment  of thinking, no wishing , that he was that burger that she so lovingly  held. Stupid because  she was eating  it. He definitely  don't  want to be someone's  food. He mentally  shuddered.

" And you don't  eat people. That's  sort of nice except  for the poor bunnies and whatever you do eat. They have feelings too, ya know."

He nodded.  " I know. I  just can't  feel their emotions. It's  better for me this way. Trust me."

" Trust you? Oh, come on. You're  a bloody vampire. I can't ...." She waved her hand in explanation.

He sighed. It stung that she didn't  ....couldn't,  trust him. He wanted her to. No that's  a lie. He needed her to trust him.

" Lene, can't  you just try?," he asked, pleading slightly.  " Bella's going to be in Edward's  life now and I...I  just want  you in mine."

Lene. She never heard that one before.  Her mother used to call her Charlie sometimes.  Not Lene. It was kinda nice of him to give her a nickname  of his own making. 

She looked  at him, wondering  where that came from. " Fine," she sighed dramatically," I'll  try. But no promises. "

He smiled. " Thanks. Anyway,  eat up and let's  get back to school. Or we can do something  else like talk some more, if you want?"

She shrugged . She didn't  mind skipping school for one day just to talk. He told her some things already that was a bit hard to take in.  Like the law in the vampire world. The law that no human  was supposed  to know about them and here they were breaking that very same  law.

Was that insane or what?
                   ❤️‍🔥❤️❤️‍🔥
I hope you liked. I have one pre-written  chapter left, then it's back to the board for me. See you.