introduction!

bound to you
[a max mayfield fic!]

bound to you[a max mayfield fic!]

"i waited for you.."

"and i'll still wait for you."

for the small town of hawkins, indiana, it isn't surprising to the many residents that their town is cursed—haunted. though, no one really said it out loud, they all believed it. they all felt the evil that lingered the streets if you were walking alone, or with a group of people. no matter if it was day or night. everyone wished they could avoid it. and trust that they tried to avoid it by completely turning a blind eye— by living their life normally. they've become nose blind to the overwhelming stench of murder. in fact, it was almost forbidden amongst the people to even discuss the imprecation.
however, when becky harrington is dubbed the supposed next victim of this curse, her cousin and his friends all come together to stop this disaster before it was too late for her. and to her dismay, there was one person becky never thought would be apart of that group. the girl becky was in love with for so long.
maxine mayfield.

meet!

isabella ferreira as rebbeca "becky" harrington

"maxine mayfield? i would never associate myself with such an asshole

"maxine mayfield? i would never associate myself with such an asshole."

sadie sink as maxine "max" mayfield

"rebbeca? wish she would drop dead— the worst harrington to exist

"rebbeca? wish she would drop dead— the worst harrington to exist."

joe kerry as steve harrington
caleb mclaughlin as lucas sinclair
maya hawke as robin buckley
gaten matarazzo as dustin henderson
finn wolfhard as mike wheeler
grace van dien as chrissy cunningham
mason dye as jason
and!
alexa demie as emilia

the rest of the cast as their respective characters!

WARNING!
this book contains sexual themes (no smut!), homophobia/homophobic slurs, bullying, depression and anxiety, death and murder, graphic descriptions of violence, and more!
(characters are aged up compared to the show!)

please consider these things with yourself before you read! <3

side notes!:
- they're all aged up and relatively around the same ages (the kids are around 16-17, while the older teenagers are about 18-19)
- this is set in the same universe as stranger things, but i'm mostly not following the same storyline, just the vecna's curse plot
- this is still set in the 80s!
- lumax is not established
- POSSIBLE slight ooc max - but like it's hardly noticeable. she still has the same attitude and personality as max in the show!
- also, most of these gifs aren't mine!

authors note!:

first and foremost, i just want to clarify that i'm not straight! to be fair, i feel like i'm a lesbian, because i've only ever found fictional men attractive & the thought of dating a man makes me cringe LMAO. but on a real note, i am a gay woc, so please keep that in mind when reading (if something ever comes off a little questionable)!

besides that - here's my first max book since like.. 2019 AH!! i took that one down a while ago because no one was reading it LOLLLL
anyways, here i am again tho!!

i hope y'all enjoy this as much as i do writing it!! i'll post the prologue & playlist soon, and the first chapter should follow shortly after!! the prologue should definitely help explain things a bit more, but, if you have any questions before reading, comment them and i'll try to respond as quickly as i can!!

thank y'all so so much for being here!! i really appreciate it, it means everything to me that you're reading my book!! i really hope you enjoy it - let me know what you think!!

- love, amari <3