chapter three.

chapter three: blood stained sleeve.
tw: homophobic slurs.

authors note: i know it's been a while since i last updated—i suggest refreshing your memory and rereading the last chapter!

"are you okay?"

max's eyes fluttered open at the sound of becky's soft voice bringing her back into reality. becky noticed the doe look in the girls eyes, never ever seeing her so vulnerable.

"what?" is all max can mumble, her insides still in a twist and red her lips still sort of puckered, as if the kiss had just paused her brains ability to function.

becky's smile just widens as she repeats herself, "are you okay?" but this time, in a softer voice than before, and a giggle coating her words.

max sighed with a smile, her face finally falling, yet still carrying a strong smile. "no." she admits, but not in a bad way. "that was.."

"mhm." becky agrees with a slight head nod, even though max hadn't said many words on what had just happened. it's like she could read the girls mind. which, for max, was a mess after that.

it wasn't their first kiss with a person, however, this was the first time either of them had felt anything. this was becky's first time actually wanting to pass a message through her lips, and max's first time receiving such a message in the form of touch.

they weren't very sure of many things in their life, but they were sure about this: they only wanted to kiss each other.

and so they did.

max and becky began their relationship. they were girlfriends, and couldn't be happier. the fact that they couldn't tell anyone about them almost didn't bother the girls at first, only because they were so invested in each other. eventually, they would tell robin, though. however, they were happy, and would be satisfied if they were the only ones in each others lives. they were infatuated with each other.

they'd never felt a love like this, and truly believed they could never love someone else they way they loved each other.

max was becky's person.
and becky was max's.

it did take time for them to come to terms with things, which was understandable. becky took longer than max. max didn't have as much of a struggle being okay with herself as much as becky did. let's just say becky's family and life style is much different than max's.