chapter one.

chapter one: nights like these.
tw: blood, gore & death.

becky sat comfortably in the main-office chair that belonged to the benny's burgers diner off the main road, her tanned legs crossed and resting on the desk in front of her, as she read her favorite book at the moment, and at every moment, carrie

office chair that belonged to the benny's burgers diner off the main road, her tanned legs crossed and resting on the desk in front of her, as she read her favorite book at the moment, and at every moment, carrie.

everything was great, until..

"hey, becky-beck, break is over." her scruffy boss and chef, benny, notified her, calling her by the nickname he dubbed her the moment she was hired around last christmas, his infamous spatula sitting comfortably in his hand.

becky smiles at the man with a head nod before putting her book down, her smile dropping the moment he disappeared. back into the kitchen. if she could sit on break and read her book for hours on end, she would.

the girl made sure she had marked where she left off in the book, though she could probably figure it out on her own due to reading it so much. becky slid the worn book into her small, sun-yellow tote she'd stolen from her older sister's closet. she hung the bag on the employee rack in the small office, trading it in for her small, white apron that held her notepad and pen.

she put on her best smile before leaving the small room, heading to the kitchen that was connected to said office.

"whatchu got for me, benny?" becky called out as she walked through the kitchen, immediately smelling grilled beef pattie's and slaty french fries, her skin not appreciating the grease that lingered in the air.

"two deluxe's at table 4." he responded to the girl as she walked out of the kitchen and up to the hand off window where benny would ring the bell for any new orders she had to serve.

benny's burgers was a family owned business, and becky definitely was not related to the man. she was just supposed to be a seasonal worker to cover for benny's sister, but when christmas 1988 came around, his sister decided to full on quit. luckily for becky, benny liked her, and decided to keep her around. she kept the place bright and pristine-looking while she was on shift, and definitely attracted more customers. she was a good fit, and usually enjoyed her job.

becky grabbed the two black, plastic bread baskets that held table 4's orders, walking over to the table with a bright smile. "here are those deluxe's and fries." she greets cheerfully, setting down the baskets on either side of the table to the two older men that occupied it. "anything else i can get for you guys?" she asked, ready to grab at her note pad she wrote most of her orders in. she was trained well enough to remember orders with her strong memory, but it was always nice to keep a paper trail in case of an inconvenience.