CHAPTER IX: Frozen hearts

"At the bottom of every frozen heart, there's a drop or two of love — just enough to feed the birds." Henry Miller

Yoongi returns home where Chaeyoung is waiting for him. He goes to the kitchen to drink.

"Welcome, Yoongi oppa," Chaeyoung grins as she come downstairs. She sits on the couch cross legged and turns on the television. Yoongi comes with a popcorn bowl and sit beside her.

"So... where were you?" She asks, looking at the T.V.

"I... uh..." Yoongi takes a deep breath. "I found Jimin today. I was with them."

Chaeyoung stops eating and looks at him with wide eyes. "Them? Who?"

Yoongi looks down. "Yoonji and Jiyoon are his kids."

Chaeyoung swallows hardly the popcorn in her mouth as well as the news. "The fuck? The kids you were attached to were his? Woah... the world is so small." She shakes her head.

"Yeah..." he looks at her.

"So did you see that Minho guy?" She asks, again giving the attention on the T.V.

"He said Minho is not a part of his life." Yoongi frowns at Jimin's word.

"What do you mean?" She stares at him again.

"I don't know but two days ago, I saw the guy with another Omega. Maybe he cheated on Jimin."

Chaeyoung looks at Yoongi's lap. "Why do you care? He also cheated on you. Let him be the way he is," she mumbles, still affected bitterly by the image of her mate and Jimin.

"Chae, what are you saying. Even if they did wrong, it's not right to think bad about the one your truly love."

"You still love him?"

Yoongi acknowledges the words said by his heart. "I can't help," his voice was barely above a whisper. His frozen heart is feeling a lot of pain, and only his mate's warmth can heal him.

No one utters any other word, they silently watches the uninterested program on T.V. while eating popcorn.

"Jimin-ah, don't cry. We're all here for you," Taehyung tries to console the crying Jimin. Taehyung and Jungkook have arrived 40 minutes ago.

Yoonji and Jiyoon are playing with Taeha and Taerin, so they are not aware of their mother's situation.

"Why is he b-back?" Jimin sobs out. Jungkook rubs his back to calm him down. It's hard for him to see his brother this broken.

"It pains me a lot." The hallow in his heart has expanded the moment he smelt Yoongi.

He has seen the relation Jiyoon and Yoonji share with Yoongi, it pains him not being able to reveal the truth. It pains him a lot.

"Hyung, don't cry. The kids might hear you," Jungkook leans on to kiss Jimin's back of the head.

After another ten minutes, he finally calms down a little. His cries die down but not his painful sobs. He reveals that Yoongi is invited on Sunday, and he will have to bear his presence with sorrow.

"Hyung, do you want us to stay with you tonight? We're totally free," Taehyung suggests to which Jimin nods.

"Okay, we'll stay."

Taehyung stays in the bed with Jimin in his arms while Jungkook goes out to feed the four pups.

After the dinner, Jungkook tucks them in the bed — Jiyoon with Taeha, Yoonji with Taerin — and tells them a night time story. Soon, the children slowly drift into a beautiful wonderland.

On the other hand, Jimin snuggles into Taehyung chest. "Tae, do you know why is he here?" He quietly asks.

"I don't know..." Taehyung nibbles his lips, trying to say something.

"Jimin-ah..."

"Hm..."

"I met Yoongi hyung before." Jimin looks at with puffed and shocked eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me this?" He sniffles.

"I didn't want to make you feel bad, I knew that you'd remain broken." Taehyung runs his hand through his blond locks.

"And... I saw him with another girl," he blurts out, knowing Jimin will break completely, but he deserves to know, Taehyung thinks.

Jimin nuzzles in Taehyung's chest, tightening his grip around the younger's waist. It is really heartbreaking knowing your mate is with someone else — though he's not sure of their relationship.

"Who was she?"

"I wouldn't know, but shockingly, she knows me."

"Really —" Jimin gets cut off by Jungkook entering the room. He has bought food for them three.

"It's time for eat," he sits on the edge of the bed. Jimin and Taehyung gets up. Jungkook shows his bunny smiles and starts to feed them with his hand.

After the dinner, three of them goes to bathroom one by one to brush their teeth. Next, they make theirselves commodious in the bed.

Jimin lies between two mates, letting them warm up his body. But his heart is still frozen because he needs his mate's warmth.

——

Poor them!

⚫ What is the best way to brighten someone's mood?

See you next weekend

💜❤