Chapter 1

3rd person POV:
It had been three months after the graveyard situation, and well, Gus and Mattholomule were very close friends. They'd hangout almost everyday! Although they are close, Luz isn't really.. comfortable with Mattholomule yet. She doesn't show it, but everyone knows.

Mattholomule grabbed his bag, and started walking to school. On the way, as usual, he saw Gus. This time, Mattholomule decided to do something different. He walked past Gus, not saying anything.
"Hey Matty!" Gus said to the boy in front of him.
Mattholomule kept walking. Gus came behind him and tapped on his shoulders a couple of times.
"Oh come on! Matt!! Talk to meee Mattyyyy!!"
Still no answer.
Gus was starting to get a little annoyed so, as a good friend would, jumped onto Mattholomule's back.
"That's not playing fair!!" Mattholomule jokingly yelled, now carrying Gus on his back.
"Maybe you shouldn't have been ignoring me!" Gus replied.
At that comment, Mattholomule let go of Gus's legs, causing him to fall off. Now Gus was laying on the floor behind Mattholomule, with a few small scratches. Gus glared at Mattholomule, and Mattholomule glared back at Gus.
The two burst out with laugher, and while Mattholomule was distracted Gus pulled his leg, causing him to fall down as well. After a bit time spent laughing, the boys got up and continued walking to school. Once they arrived, they saw Luz, Amity, Willow, and Hunter. Gus waved at them, and they waved back. Once they got in talking distance, Luz said to them, "What took you guys so long?? We've been waiting here for hourssss."
"No.. actually we haven't." Amity said, "we've been waiting for a few extra minutes than usual."
"Felt like houuuurrsss"
"Well it wasn't"
"Yeah but I'm saying it felt like hours."
"Only for you, Luz"
"And maybe others! Anyone? Anyone?"
"See, just you."
While Luz and Amity continued arguing (in a joking way, obviously not a real argument) Willow had asked again why Gus and Mattholomule had taken longer than usual.
"This jerk decided to ignore me." Gus said, pointing at Mattholomule.
"Yeah well that twerp decided to jump on my back!" Mattholomule argued back, defending himself.
"Oh.. so basically you two were fooling around. Again." Hunter said from behind Willow.
Willow chuckled, "You two are crazy! You would make the perfect couple!"

Mattholomule didn't know why, but what Willow said made his face a bit warm. His face and tips of his ears now had a tint of light pink to them. Gus on the other hand, replied back to Willow saying that she and Hunter would be good together. That made Willow and Hunter  clearly blush... a lot.

The bell screamed, forcing everyone to head to their class.
Gus, Mattholomule, and Luz headed to the illusions class. While Amity went to abomination, Willow to plants, and Hunter to..(okay but like I don't know where Hunter goes-) some other class. Gus, Mattholomule, and Luz sat down. And as usual Gus was in the middle of them, with Luz on his right and Mattholomule on his left. The teacher then walked in.
"Hello Class, today we'll be making illusions of people. You can choose to do yourself, or someone important to you. Keep in mind, doing other people is harder since you need to have really strong feelings for them."
"Ha! Easy!" Gus said, making a circle in the air with his finger. On his desk appeared a mini him! Luz did the same. Mattholomule tried making himself, but couldn't. Gus noticed this, and started to watch Mattholomule. Mattholomule tried again, but still nothing. Before he gave up hope, he made a circle with his hand and it worked! But instead of a mini Mattholomule on his desk, it was another mini Gus.
"Matt.. you made me?" Gus said, still staring at Mattholomule. His face went a little pink.
"Hm, guess I have stronger feelings for you than myself" Mattholomule said, letting out a small laugh.
Gus turned away, still a bit pink, and made another circle with his hand. He had just made a mini Mattholomule.
"Hey look! I have strong feelings for you too!" Gus exclaimed. Mattholomule looked over, and there it was. A mini him! For some reason, this made Mattholomule's face also go a tiny bit pink.

The two boys felt.. warm in each other's presence.

A/N: Heyy! This is my first ever Gustholomule book! I try to make the chapters as long as possible, cause that's what I like about books! Please give me any advice, and I'll be happy to take it!

728 words (not including this)