Off-Course

Off-Course :

If a jumper and or hunter deviates from the patterned course.

~

Lifting the saddle from the back of his horse Felix gently leaned his training saddle next to the stall door. It had been a harder lesson for him and his horse today and the summer heat was no help. It was that time of year where his trainer was harsher and more strict;

"Shoulders back!"

"Use your legs!"

"Sit deeper!"

"Smile! The judges want a smile!"

As his trainer's voice echoed in his head Felix sighed, grabbing the sweat scraper from his brush kit and walking back over to his horse.

"Hey Tink..." Felix spoke calmly, placing a gentle hand on the horse's neck.

"You did a good job today, but I gotta say Hyunjin has been harsher lately, hasn't he?" Felix continued as he scraped the sweat from Tink making sounds of pity knowing Tink would respond to it.

Greeted with a low nicker from the mare Felix softly smiled to himself. He could feel the soreness already set in his hips and legs knowing he was going to be tender tomorrow.

"Can I tell you something Tink?" Felix hummed softly looking to see Tink turn her neck around.

"I can't stop looking at him lately, he's been more mysterious lately too."

Hearing hooves scraping against the ground and seeing Tink curl her neck in, he could tell she almost knew what he was talking about.

There was no denying that Hyunjin, his trainer, was attractive, and the mutual pining between the two created an uncertain vibe in the air sometimes. They were both in their late twenties and Hyunjin was an olympic winner in Show Jumping who retired early due to a back injury but started a training facility.

Since starting his training here Felix had been in awe that the Olympian agreed to train him, hoping he could land an Olympic spot in the coming year. Being close in age made it easy for them to get along outside of lesson hours and they both had a lot in common. The double edge sword to this all was that Hyunjin was undeniably attractive.

Dark black hair that curled around the nape of his neck, a sharp jaw, and plump pink lips that always glistened with tinted vaseline. Felix could feel his mouth water just thinking about Hyunjin's lips wondering what they'd taste like.

"You're supposed to say 'No Felix don't think like that' he's your trainer not lustful interest." Felix spoke towards Tink, feeling the blush rise to his cheeks.

"Lustful, Yongbokkie?" Hyunjin's voice spoke, making Felix jump slightly.

"Jesus christ! Nearly scared me." Felix gasped, dropping the sweat scraper as he watched Hyunjin rub the side of Tink's face where she was always itchest.

"I think I did scare you." Hyunjin chuckled as Tink stepped closer and began rubbing her face into Hyunjin's shoulder, "But you did great today I think this will be a good season for you both."

Felix could feel a soft fluttering in his chest at the compliment. Hyunjin wasn't one to give compliments out easily. He was a harsh trainer and wanted perfection so when compliments were given it would send swarms of butterflies through his chest.

"Thanks..." Felix trailed already feeling the blush begin to brush his cheeks hoping he wouldn't bring up the lustful comment again.

Flicking his eyes towards Hyunjin he could see him step away from Tink and duck under the stall leads that kept the horse from moving too far. Feeling his heart race as Hyunjin came closer he returned to scraping sweat from Tink's back.