End Of Year Goodbyes

This is too short to count as a full chapter in my opinion so this will be half a chapter.

(Chapter 13.5)

(M/N) POV

After the feast ended and everyone left for their respective dorms, I left the rest of the group to take one last walk around the lake before I leave tomorrow like everyone else. The lake was one of few peaceful places I could find. It always calmed me somehow, watching the darkness in the depths of the lake looked so peaceful. I sat at its edge and calmly put my hand just above the water. As time passed a tentacle appeared and gently touched the palm of my hand. I smiled as it was a silent goodbye from the giant squid that lived in the lake.

Eventually it got late enough I had to go to sleep. Walking through the castle slowly as I headed to the Slytherin common room. I know I'll be back next year but I'm gonna miss this place. It really is a home away from home. 

I soon made my way down to the common room entrance, gave the password and walked in to my door, giving another password before getting into my room. I changed, brushed my teeth and flopped onto my bed. Scarr jumped up and laid with me. I gently pet him as I fell asleep.

By morning, everyone was packing and bringing their things out to the school entrance and put on a carriage that'll be brought to the train for us. Everyone shared carriages and chatted for the final time as we rode to the train.

As we made it to the train, we all got onto the platform and started getting on the train. Hagrid appeared to say goodbye. Harry, Ron and Hermione were first to say goodbye. I stood behind to wait my turn, knowing they had more of a bond with him, then I. When he turned to me I gave him a smile, unsure if we were on the same level of friendship as him and the trio. He smiled back and started saying goodbye to others. 

Our luggage was put on the train and we all found a spot to sit as we said our goodbyes to those we wouldn't see once at the London station. I climbed in, Callista on my shoulder and Scarr by my side. We found a table near the front of the train and sat down, Ace soon joining us. We chatted as Malfoy and his gang found a table near us. I paid them no mind and I looked at the window as the train started to leave Hogwarts. 

Time passed, everyone talking and napping during the ride, only to wake up when the horn blew to signal we were almost to the London station. I had nothing to look forward to because I knew I'd just be alone as per the usual. 

The train slowed to a stop and parents could be seen waiting for their young wizard or witch to arrive off the train. I, for one, waited until I was the last one to get off and the station was less crowded. As I climbed off I spotted Harry alone as well. I walked over and smiled, "need help getting home?"

He smiled and nodded, "first time coming back."

We shared a laugh and I showed him the same way we first came here then helped him home, saying our goodbyes at the end of his street before I headed home. I had to stop at a shop only known to wizards and take floo powder home. Scarr joined me while Calista flew home. Once there, I stepped out of the fireplace and sighed. "Home sweet empty home. What to do this summer?"