Diagon Alley & The Wand

The wand in the pic is your wand.

(Chapter 2)

(M/N)'s POV

As I walk the streets of Diagon Alley I read over the 'necessary books and equipment' letter. 

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

Three sets of plain work robes (black)

One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners' Guide to Transformation by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

I look up at all the stores as I head to Gringotts, needing to collect some money before shopping for school suplies. When I enter, all of the goblins are working and paying no mind to me, as usual for them. I smirk knowing they're going to be shocked, maybe even scared once they see who entered Gringotts. I walk to the desk and get the head goblins attention by clearing my throat.

"How can I help you?" Asks the goblin behind the desk in a rude tone without looking up from his papers.

"First off, don't speak to me in that tone if you know what's best for you and look at me when you're speaking to me. Second, I'm here to collect money from my vault." I say taking out my key and placing it on the desk. Yes, my vault, I have my own vault because of my Mother.

"You have no right to- oh, Mr. LeStrange," the goblin says shocked, after finally looking up from his papers, "Sorry for my rudeness, let me personally bring you to your vault, sir."

I nod and follow him down a long corridor before climbing into a cart and start flying down the railway, past all the vaults. We got to my vault in no time and I handed him my key. The door opens to show stacks beyond stacks of Knuts, Sickles, and Galleons. I grab enough money to last me the whole year, then head back and leave, feeling satisfied. It's always fun putting those goblins in place since they think they're all high and mighty just because they protect our money.

Out on the streets of Diagon Alley I head to Ollivanders for my wand. As I walk in, I see the Malfoy family. Everyone knew who they were just by looking at their platinum blonde hair. I roll my eyes and ignore them like Mother always told me too. When I get to the desk, I knock twice and Garrick Ollivander immediately comes over to me knowing that code very well from experience. That code was made for all LeStrange's from past to present so they can get what they need immediately and go. The reason I didn't do it at Gringotts was because goblins don't listen to the code no matter what, rather annoying if you ask me.

I smiled sweetly once he came over and cheerfully said, "Hiya, Ollivander!"

"Hello young (M/N), I've been expecting you." He asks, smiling back.

I smile proudly as I say, "I'm here for my wand."

"Of course! Just a second as I take a looksie." He says before going to the back, looking through the rows of dusty wands, looking for one that would hopefully suit me. As I wait I could see the youngest Malfoy, Draco I believe? Looking at me, well more like glaring, through the corner of my eye. I only turn to look at him and give him an innocent smirk, as if I did nothing. He scowled and stormed over to me.

"Hey! What gives you the right to do that?!" His once pale face was turning red with anger.

"My heritage," I say in a sickly calm tone and look back as Ollivander comes back opening a wand case. I started bouncing on my toes as he stopped in front of me and held the wand out for me. It was as light as a feather and carved to look like the wood was some type of crystal. When I held it, I could feel some sort of energy coursing through me, like a sign saying this is my wand and my wand alone. As if saying it's uncontrollable to everyone, but me.

"Incredible, no one was able to control that wand for many centeries, of course you would have it," he smiles cheekily at me. "That wand is made of a rare birch wood, 15 inches, and has a basilisk fang core. Very powerful might I add." Ollivander says. I smile as I hold it.

"I love it. Thanks Ollivander," I pay and leave a dumb founded Malfoy family and smiling Ollivander in the shop. Now it's time for the rest of my supplies and pets.