Year 1 Begins

That's the common room for the Slytherins ^. You can choose what you want your room to look like. The description below is just how I'd have the room.

(Chapter 5)

(M/N)'s POV

We all walk up a flight of stairs, chatting and talking about nothing important. At the top of the stairs were two giant, oak wood doors. We stop, Scarr staying by my side the entire time, and Hagrid knocks on the doors twice. A couple moments later an older looking witch opened the door.

"I'll take them from here, Hagrid." She says, dismissing Hagrid. She led us into a small, empty chamber by two more giant oak doors.

"I am Professor McGonagall, the Headmistress of Hogwarts." She introduced herself. She was tall with grey hair pulled into a bun and wore emerald-green robes. She had a stern look on her face and I could tell she was one of the strict Professors. Even if my mother didn't warn me about certain Professors I could easily tell.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," she says loud enough for us all to hear, a bit too loud for me because I have sensitive hearing. Why? Well, it's because I'm an animagus and the curse my dad put on me. Having the ability to turn into the entire animal kingdom, mythical or muggle, is fun but has its disadvantages. I tune back into her speech when she starts talking about the four houses.

"The Houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each House has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts your triumphs will earn you House points, while any rulebreaking will lose House points. At the end of the year, the House with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever House becomes yours. The sorting Ceremony will-"

I started to drone off again and look around the huge corridor we were in. It looked amazing, just like the outside. I heard a few other students talking about the Ceremony and wondering what would happen. I already know because of Mother. She told me a lot of things about the school and what might happen and who to watch out for so I would know more than the other first years. She said that the Sorting Ceremony is when they place an old wizard or witches hat on your head and it says, yes like a talking hat, which house you'll be in based on your personality or something. I can already tell I'll be in Slytherin because of my Heritage. I zone back in when I noticed Draco and his goons were talking to Ron and Harry. I decide to walk over and eavesdrop on their conversation.

"I'm Malfoy.... Draco Malfoy," both me and Ron snicker at his name, I still find it funny everytime I hear it. Malfoy scowls at Ron and says, "Think my names funny, do you? Don't need to ask yours. Red hair... and a hand me down robe... you must be a Weasley."

He then looks at Harry again, "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter."

I chuckle and say, "Like mine compared to yours, Malfoy? My family is a lot more well known than yours ever will be."

Everyone looks at me, nobody knows who I am just yet, until Malfoy opens his loud mouth.

"Shut it, LeStrange."

Everyone gasps and some back away, I expected that but didn't completely care. Though, I didn’t expect Draco to finally find out who I was, and so quickly. The other’s would soon learn I was no harm to them, anyhow. For now, anyway. He smirks thinking he's won and turns to Harry again, "you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort."

I cough a couple times and say, "like you," between coughs. He glares again as some others giggle or chuckle, seemingly calmer. He turns back to Harry once more and holds out his hand, "I can help you there."

Harry just looks at his hand then directly in his eyes and says, "I think I can tell the wrong sort myself, thanks."

Malfoy gets annoyed and is about to say something when McGonagall comes back and taps his shoulder. He looks back then goes back to where he was standing earlier. She looks at all of us and says, "We're ready for you now, follow me."

All first years soon enter the Great Hall. Gasps are heard as everyone see’s how huge and beautiful it was. I looked at the roof and saw the stars, knowing it was just a spell but loving it either way. The floating candles were very cool as well. We stop and slowly form a group like line in front of all the tables, facing the professors. Each table was packed with students except for the end closest to the Professors table. That's where the first years will sit once they are sorted in their house. In front of us was a stool with the sorting hat on top of it. I look up at the professor's table and saw Hagrid at one end.

"Before we begin, Professor Dumbledore has a few words to say." McGonagall says loudly and turns to him. He starts speaking but I don't pay attention because honestly, I don't really care. I pay attention to the part where we can't go in the forbidden forest or the right side of the third floor corridor or we'd die a tragic and painful death. In my opinion that sounded kinda cool. What can I say? I'm a bit of a psycho sometimes. I start focusing again when McGonagall starts speaking to us. 

"When I call your name you will come forth. I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you'll be sorted into your houses," she picks up the hat and calls the first name. I watch as each student goes up and is sorted, as I wait to be called. I'm excited to see the reactions of the rest of the school once they hear my name. After a while McGonagall finally says, "LeStrange, (M/N)?"

I smirk at hearing more gasps and whispering from the older students. I walk up and sit on the stool, Scarr waiting patiently at the steps. The hat was lowered onto my head and barely touches me when it yells, "Slytherin! And keep me off this kid's head!"

I and a few others laugh at the last sentence as I walk over to the Slytherin table and sit at the end of the table with Scarr laying under the bench, knowing most wouldn't want to be near me and I hate most people before getting to know them anyway, magic or muggle. McGonagall continues till everyone is sorted then puts the hat and stool away and sits at the table. Dumbledore stands and says, "let the feast... Begin.”

All types of foods appear onto the table at a wave of his hand. Everyone dug into the food immediately. I grabbed (F/F) and (O/F/F) and a bunch more. I ate it all fast and listened to everyone talk. I just stayed silent not knowing who to talk to. Everyone then gasps and laughs as ghosts float into the room through the walls and floor. I smile and start chatting with some of the ghosts.

-time skip-

Everyone was heading to their house dorms by now. I followed the Slytherin Perfect to the dungeons, as did the rest of the Slytherin students. We walked in after learning the password and some gasped at how fancy it looked. I didn't care too much, my mansion was a lot more fancy. The Perfect explained where the boys and girls slept. He stopped me while the others left for their rooms. "LeStrange, Dumbledore requested me to tell you that you have your own room due to your personal problems which nobody else knows about except for the Professor’s. I don't even know. Anyway, it's right over here."

He leads me to a giant portrait of a bearded man, "Your password is your last name, it will be throughout all your years at Hogwarts. Have a good night."

"You too," I say and then turn to the portret, "LeStrange."

It swings open and I walk in, the portrait closing behind me as I walk further into my room. I look around and nod to myself, loving the design. I saw a few doors connected to my room, as well as a staircase. I open one of the doors to find my own bathroom then go to another to find a walk in closet. And the final door led to a small library full of books. Good thing I love reading! (dont forget to make it whatever hobby room you want) I also love drawing or painting. (please keep painting, I have plans) I walk back out and see Scarr on my bed and Callista on an owl perch near the staircase. I walk up the stairs to find another room full of art supplies. I smile happily and walk back down the stairs and go to my luggage and put everything away into the dresser against the wall with the staircase. I change into pajamas then get in bed, sighing happily. Scarr was laying at my feet. I sigh and say, "good night guys."

I look up and think about Mother and whisper, "good night mother," as I close my eyes and let sleep take over.