Supplies and Pets

As people seem to be getting confused with Hermione and Harmonee, I've decided to change her name.
This is Your owl Callista. She is a rare barn owl.

(Chapter 3)

(M/N)'s POV

I was on my way to the Leaky Cauldron when I, quite literally, bumped into a giant man. I stumble backward and look up at the man once I gain my balance. He was twice the height of me, maybe even three times the height.

"Excuse me, watch where you're going next time, please," I say, rolling my eyes slightly, as I walk around him and head to the Leaky Cauldron without another word. I heard him talking to someone as I entered the Leaky Cauldron but made no mind to listen.

-Time Skip-

After eating I walk to Flourish and Blotts. I look around for my school books and other books I might want. As I skim over the shelves a certain book catches my eye. It was called 'Curses and Countercurses (Bewitch Your Friends and Befuddle Your Enemies With The Latest Revenges: Hair Loss, Jelly-Legs, Tongue-Tying and Much, Much More)' by Professor Vindictus Viridium. I grab it and look through it. I started looking for my school books after deciding I’d buy it.

‘Maybe it’ll come in handy, one day.’ I think to myself as I continue looking. Once I found all my school books I head to the counter and see a long line. I mentally groan and walk past the line to the counter, I would normally wait but not today, I don't feel like waiting. Other wizards and witches were yelling at me about cutting the line, I just continued to the counter, mentally smirking because of the shock they're about to have. I stop at the counter and knock twice, everyone stops yelling at me and shuts up. I look at them and smirk, they just stare at me like I was a psycho. Which I can't totally deny, I get a bit crazy when I'm worked up or angry beyond hell. The person at the counter, who just happens to be new, ignores the code. Everyone is shocked and scared for him.

"Next please!" says the new store employee. I clear my throat and he looks over at me, "What do you want? If you are buying books you have to wait in line like everyone else."

I chuckle darkly and look at the store employee with dark, devilish eyes, personally my signature look, "sir, I don't believe I introduced myself yet, I'm (M/N), (M/N) LeStrange."

He freezes in his spot. Not daring to look me in the eyes anymore, "u-uh. M-Mr. L-LeStrange, I-I didn't realize-"

"Of course you didn't, you're new!" My voice was laced with sarcasm and was sickly sweet, "It's not your fault that you didn't know who I am even though my mother is so famous." I smirk knowing I won this 'battle'. If you could even call it that. 

He slowly looked up at me, still obviously scared, "w-what can I h-help you with s-sir?"

I smiled, still a bit evil but mostly calmed down, "I need to buy my school books please," I could easily see his eyes were still full of fear.

"O-of course s-sir." he looked at the books and told me the price. I pay then walk to the door. Before leaving I turn and say, "Thank you!" then walk out.

I laugh a bit and look at my list of supplies, noticing a pet was the last thing I need, and head over to Eeylops Owl Emporium. When I walk in, a bunch of owls are flying everywhere, screeching and hooting at each other or other wizards and witches within the store. I walk farther into the store and look at some of the owls. Most of the owls were ones you'd see flying everywhere, but I was looking for a special one. One that was rare to both worlds. I got to the back of the store and saw a beautiful owl. It looked to be a barn owl but had blue feathers mixed with its natural orangey brown. It looked so rare and exotic. It was on one of the owl cages, taunting the small burrowing owl inside. I whistled and it looked down at me before flying to my shoulder. I gently pet its chest with two fingers, then walked to the front desk. When I got to the counter the clerk looked shocked when he saw the owl on my shoulder.

"H-how did you get her to listen to you?!" The clerk asked shocked and astonished, slightly hiding behind the counter.

"Oh, well, I'm great with all animals. Guess she just likes me," I answered as I continued to stroke her chest, "anywho, I'd like to buy her please."

The clerk nodded, "would you like some food or a cage for her?"

"No thanks. I have that stuff at home already. Plus, I let my pets do what they want until they're needed," I tell him, but mostly tell the owl. She hoots happily.

I soon walk out of the shop and look at my list one last time. I have everything and most of the stuff was already at home so why buy it again? I decide to walk around for a bit longer and look at the owl on my shoulder and realize I don't know her name.

"So, what's your name or do you need a name?" I ask her.

"My name is Callista, and yours is?" Callista asks politely.

"Names (M/N), (M/N) LeStrange," I smile and stroke her chest.

"It's nice to know a high rank wizarding family adopted me. It's great to serve a LeStrange," she says politely.

"Thank you, I'm glad to have you as a messenger and friend." I reply and continue to walk and look around.

-time skip-

It soon got dark and there were less wizards and witches around so I knew it was about time to go. I called for Callista after letting her fly around for a bit and went through a port key to get home. I enter the mansion and bring Callista to the mail room and let her fly around. She flies to a high branch as I leave for my room.

Once there, all the supplies I bought were stacked neatly on and/or next to my desk. I look at the dog bed at the end of my bed and see Scarr sleeping. I walked over to him and pet his head before belly flopping onto my bed, sighing loudly. I roll over onto my back and stare up at nothing, thinking of how the school year may go. I close my eyes and fall into a restless sleep.