𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓜𝓮𝓻 1

--

--

--

The jagged peaks, booming against the horizon, seemed to reach the edges of the sky. Against the mountains, small grasses added a splash of color to the eye. You closed your eyes. The gentle breeze, the warmth of the sun, it truly was sensational. Unfortunately, your moment of peace was interrupted with a vibration.

Grabbing your phone from your pocket, your demeanor changed. "Hola...Gracias my amigo, I'm looking forward to tasting the selection you've recommended...Ha, don't flatter me too much now. I'm just glad we could work this out. Our partnership with this upcoming event will further both of our products...No problemo...si, hasta pronto. Adios."

With one click, the call ended. You turned around towards the mountains, beaming brightly. You were beyond grateful for the opportunities you've encountered. Your heart swelled with pride, and yet it was this pride that forced you to grow up much faster.

On your way to the courtyard, you continued to ponder the distinct flavor that popped on your tongue during the conversation. That's when it dawned on you.

Doubt, the flavor of pink Himalayan salt. Perfect for adding final seasoning to a dish.

You pushed through the double doors hastily. Tall wildflowers blooming, brushed against your sides slightly. Four cobblestone paths led to the center, where a fountain stands. You sat upon one of the ledges, gazing at the intricate designs on the tiles. 

With each stream of water flowing down to its fate, small lily pads glided on the mirror-like surface. At last, the peso in your pocket fulfilled its destiny. You could only stare as it sank to the bottom.

The water lily, the coin, they both effortlessly did what they were meant to do. One just keeps floating while one remains still from its fall. Perhaps one day the lily pad will inherit the role of the coin. The coin though, it'll never float. It just stays the same always.

"¡Chica!"

Right away, the flavor of a chimichurri sauce hit your pallet. The savory and spicy blend of parsley, garlic, and oregano swirled on your tongue in holy matrimony. You ran towards the voice, hugging them as soon as you came into contact.

Big arms enveloped you in a warm embrace. "Aye, it's about time you missed me."

"Well after all, it's a once in a life-time opportunity to hug a dinosaur." You let go, crossing your arms with a raised brow. "Why wouldn't I take it...old man..."

"Oh, you be careful now. I'll force ya to cook celery a hundred different ways."

"You would never! I thought you loved me."

"What's that saying again? Oh ya, the truth hurts chica."

You held your chest as if an arrow had deeply lodged into it. "I see how it is."