𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 9

--

--

--

"Saitō-kun, hey sorry to disturb you, but I have a question."

"Do you know what time it is?"

You peered at the time on your phone. 

It was two 'clock in the morning.

"Oh," you muttered. 

"You don't ever bother me, but thou need rest in order to conquer the next day ahead. Why do thou never sleep? Is it work with the vineyard keeping you up again?"

"Oh, how did you guess?"

From the other side of the phone, he could practically hear the sarcasm dripping off of every word. He wasn't used to the concept of sarcasm until he was accustomed with your high usage of it. 

"Perhaps a deal can be worked out with your father in order to maintain balance."

You sighed, "I wish, but anyways, I was going to ask you about the training camp. I just received a notice of it today." 

...

Mikitani couldn't thank the heavens enough that he was off that bus. Loud and crowded was by far not his style. Luckily, he sat next to you, to which you had an extra pair of ear plugs.

There was no way you wanted to listen to the disgusting shrills and yells. It did not taste good...at all. 

At last, you were on the ground again. You took your ear plugs out as you went to go stand beside Mikitani. 

Here you were, hellish training camp. A training camp with survival on the line.

Analyzing the scene, with a suitcase in one hand, you spotted Soma. You placed your hand in Mikitani's and pulled him along with you. He was no longer surprised by this gesture. After all, he was used to it. 

You tapped the red-head on the shoulder. "Long time no see."

He smirked. "You may have won the cooking battle yesterday, but I'll win the next one."

Mikitani turned away, not wanting anything to do with the two of you together. 

Megumi on the other hand grew horrified. She didn't want to be subjected to the torturous "cooking" battles you and Soma did. Why did she always have to be the judge?

With Soma almost being in all your classes, the two of you had grown into close classmates and friends. You both constantly rivaled against each other especially to create the worst tasting dishes known to man. 

Poor Megumi was forced to taste Soma's and your creations while Mikitani was the spectator. Many times he would try to maintain his composure only to fail. Too many times, he's heaved up the food that once would remain in his stomach.