𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 11

--

--

--

Once again you were reminded of the very manner of this place. This was an elite establishment, looking to create the most elite chefs. It was made only to polish the culinary gems, using everyone else as their buffer. 

Can I live up to this standard?

After seeing Megumi almost expelled today, the reality settled even more. Someone could deem you unworthy at any time. This concept is what now planted a small seed of doubt within. 

You had no other choice though...you had to do this...for someone to finally talk to you again...for someone to look at you with the certain pride in their eyes you could never forget. 

Click, you pulled the handle of the hotel room door. The bed cushioned with your figure as you plopped on the bouncy surface. You placed your knife roll on the nightstand. Your eyes drifted towards the ceiling, staring at the blank abyss. 

It was no use. 

Why try going to sleep when you never could? Funny how slumber was like a dream you could barely remember. 

A flat hand morphed into a tight, balled fist. Dry eyes turned into glassy pools. 

There were times where this feeling of endless longing overwhelmed you, so much to the point you were angry. It was a feeling you rarely felt for all you desired was to make others around you happy.

No, happy wasn't the word...proud, yes that. Always trying to meet the expectations of others, you masked yourself with their fulfillment of your accomplishments. But where was your fulfillment? Was yours derived from trying so hard to fill the cup of others, leaving you as an empty bottle? 

No...it's fear...fear of failure...fear of disappointing others...fear-

that you will someday not be enough.

A sudden knock on your door jolted you from your thoughts.

I don't feel like getting up.

Slowly, you sauntered to the door, cracking it. Seeing your fair skinned friend and her "servant". you swung the door open. 

Like a child having a tantrum, Alice puffed her cheeks. "I texted you, but you never answered, humph!"

"Milady, we've all been busy as of lately."

"That's no excuse."

"Well," You rubbed the back of your neck. "I deeply apologize. Why don't you both come in."

Alice smiled in satisfaction, holding her hands behind her back. On the other hand, Kurokiba strolled in, giving an empty glance in your direction. A light breath was released just as you were about to close the door. Though, an announcement over the speakers halted your movements.