Chapter 2: Before that Happens Part 2

Ayanokouji PoV

I couldn't get to sleep, so I got up and left. I bought some juice from the lobby's vending machine and headed back for the elevator.

"Hmm?"

I could see that the elevator had stopped on the seventh floor. Curious, I decided to check out the CCTV, which showed what was happening inside the elevator car. I saw Horikita, still dressed in her school uniform.

"Well, I don't really need to hide, but..."

Chiaki: "Fufu, Ayanokouji-kun you are very capable to stalking right?"

Kiyo: "Eh, aren't you kinda sim-"

Chiaki: "Ahh~ I can't hear you Ayano-kun"

Suzune/Kei/Maya/Ibuki/Kushida: "Ayano-kun?"

Seeing her might be awkward right now, so I hid behind the vending machine. Horikita arrived at the first floor. Looking wary of her surroundings, she exited the building. After she'd vanished into the night, I decided to follow after her. However, I instinctively hid again after I turned the corner. Horikita stopped in her tracks. I sensed another person was with her.

Yamauchi: "Ooh, Horikita's boyfriend!"

Sudo: "Huh is that right Suzune?"

Suzune: "Sigh is not my boyfriend, can't you keep watch the video? I think the answer will be shown there"

Horikita: "And YOU SCUM!"

Yamauchi: "Eh me?"

Suzune: "Don't say any other word can make people misunderstand, CAN YOU!!?"

Yamauchi: "Y-yes Ma'am!"

Ryuen: 'Kuzu'

"Suzune. I didn't think you'd follow me this far," he said.

Had she left in the dead of night to rendezvous with some guy?

"Hmph. I'm far different from the useless girl you once knew, niisan. I came here to catch you."

"Catch me, hmm?"

Niisan? In the dark, I couldn't see the person she was talking to. Was she meeting her older brother?

"I heard you were placed in Class D. I suppose nothing has really changed in the last three years. You've always been fixated on following me, and as a result you don't notice your own flaws. Choosing to come to this school was a mistake."

"That's... You're wrong about that. I'll show you. I'll reach Class A right away, then—"

"It's pointless. You will never reach Class A. In fact, your class will fall apart soon enough. Things at this school aren't as simple as you think."

"I will definitely, definitely reach—"

"I told you, it's pointless. You really are a disobedient little sister."

Horikita's brother stepped closer to her. From my hiding spot, I could see him plainly. It was Student Council President Horikita. He displayed no hint of emotion. It was like he was staring at an uninteresting object. He grabbed his younger sister by the wrist—she offered no resistance—and pushed her against the wall.

Ike: "Eh, the former President is your brother?"

Sinohara: "You silly! Just look, they have same name right?"

Ike: "Ugh I don't recognize it"

Shinohara: 'Uuuh why I'm fall in love with someone like him?'