𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 1 : 𝐒𝐔𝐙𝐈𝐄, 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐘?

"i'll stop the world and melt with you

"i'll stop the world and melt with you."

─────────

"Hey, Hopper? Lucas is leaving. He needs to get to Starcourt," Nina said as she and Lucas went to the front door of the cabin.

"Okay," Hopper responded. "Be careful."

Hopper would never admit this out loud to anyone—other than Joyce, of course—but he had always liked Lucas better than Mike. He didn't have a solid reason as to why he liked him better. It was probably because Lucas and Nina didn't spend all their time making out together.

Nina and Lucas walked out to his bike. Lucas leaned against it, smiling at his girlfriend.

"Thanks for the stuffed animal that you won at the arcade for me, by the way," Nina smiled.

"Of course. Anything for you."

"I wish I could go to Starcourt with you and everyone. I bet if we asked, Hopper would say yes to us but no to Mike."

"Really? Why?"

"I don't think Hopper likes Mike," Nina chuckled.

"That's believable. All he and El do is make out. We don't just do that."

"Have fun at the mall," Nina said, quickly pecking Lucas's cheek.

Nina stood outside, watching Lucas ride away to the mall. She went back inside, seeing the door to her and El's bedroom opened only three inches. She obviously thought that Mike should leave soon if he wanted to make it to Starcourt on time, but that did not happen.

-

The party had made a plan to surprise Dustin when he came back from his summer camp. His mom had been in on it, setting a spare key under the mat that was outside of the house. They had made a banner that said, "WELCOME HOME DUSTIN!" on it, so hopefully he'd be surprised.

The plan was in action. Mike signaled for El and Nina to use their powers to make Dustin's animatronic toys to go crazy. They led the toys to the living room, hoping that Dustin would follow them.

He had followed them, telling himself that it was 'just a dream.' They all hid behind a wall, planning to go out and surprise him soon.

"Now!" Mike whisper-yelled to El and Nina. They stopped using their powers, hearing the toys power down. They all walked out from the wall, having party blowers in their mouths. Lucas was in front, holding the banner. Max counted down from 3 with her fingers. When it reached one, they all blew their party blowers.