𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 2 : 𝐕𝐄𝐂𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄

"you're all the things i've got to remember

"you're all the things i've got to remember."

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

Argyle, Jonathan, Will, El, and Nina sat at the airport, waiting for Mike and Lucas. They both were coming to Lenora for spring break, and they couldn't be happier.

El saw Mike with sunglasses and completely different hair from the last time they saw him.

But no Lucas.

"Mike," El got his attention. She walked over to him, kissing him and then hugging him.

Nina looked around, still seeing no Lucas. Nina stood up as Mike gave El her present. Her face fell as everyone on the last plane had gotten off.

Lucas didn't come.

Will and Nina made their way over to Mike. Will went in for a full hug as Mike went in for a side hug, making it awkward.

"Hey, Mike," Jonathan greeted.

"Uh, what's that?" Mike signaled to the painting Will was holding.

"Um, it's nothing. Just this painting I've been working on."

Painting? The one he would let El or Nina see? The one he was making for someone he—

"Hey, Nina. How're you doing?" Mike interrupted her thoughts.

"I'm good. Uh, was Lucas on the plane with you?" she asked.

"No," he shook his head. "I didn't see him today. Maybe he got a different plane."

"Yeah, maybe," she set her head down, looking at the floor as she started messing with the hem of her shirt. She knew her boyfriend wasn't coming.

"That's a rad shirt, man," Argyle then said. "Ocean Pacific?"

"Oh, hey, Mike. This is, uh, my friend Argyle."

"Oh. Hey," Mike went for a handshake, but Argyle hugged him instead. He checked the tag of Mike's shirt, answering his question himself.

"Oh, no, no, no. No, it's a shitty knockoff. Yeah. But don't sweat it. I'll get you the good threads out here. I heard a lot about your sister," he changed the subject.

"Uh... O-Okay. Um, should we go?" Jonathan suggested.

"Yeah, this is kinda awkward, man," Argyle chuckled nervously.