𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 3 : 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐉𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘

"i didn't choose this town, i dream of getting out

"i didn't choose this town, i dream of getting out."

─────────

Nina and El sat on the couch as Mike, Dustin, and Lucas stood at the table, talking.

"We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school," Mike planned. "That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think that the weirdos know where Will is?" Lucas questioned his friend.

"Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike said.
"Okay."

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike asked.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Binoculars... from 'Nam. Army knife... also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana... and the wrist rocket."

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin asked.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye," he spoke, pulling it back and releasing it, slightly scaring Dustin. "And blind it."

"Dustin, what did you get?" Mike asked as Dustin poured out everything from his backpack.

"Well, alrighty. So, we've got... Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix."

"Seriously?" an unamused Lucas asked.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have them."

"Eleven shut one door and Nine teleported one time."

"With their minds! Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff they could do. Like..." he trailed off, going over to Nina and El. Mike and Lucas followed Dustin's movements with their eyes. But for some odd reason, Lucas couldn't take his eyes off of Ni.

"I bet... one of them could make this fly!" Dustin grabbed a ship, one that looked funny in Nina's eyes. "Hey. Hey. Okay, concentrate. Okay?" He dropped it, it clattering on the floor as Nina and El just looked at him. "Okay, one more time. Okay. Use your powers, okay."

"Idiot," Lucas murmured.

"They aren't dogs," Mike said as he grabbed the ship from Dustin and put it away.