Chapter 9: A New Friend

*Turf war*
*Arowana Mall*
*Ink the most turf to win*

Dawn spawned onto her respawn pad with her three other teammates, looking up at the night sky and hearing a siren go off, indicating the start of the match. She quickly ran off and began to ink her turf, moving with speed and precision down the map.

Dawn looked over to her side and saw the outside of the mall, seeing many cars driving by and cephalopods walking along the sidewalks, which made her admire the atmosphere for a second before she heard the sound of rapid footsteps and enemy shots going off, which brought her back to reality.

She ran into the middle of the map, scoping out her surroundings to see ink flying all around her. Dawn saw a laser from a charger point straight at her forehead from a distance, making her quickly move her head out of the way, dodging the hard and brutal sound of the E-Liter shooting at her from a distance, making it sound like a clap of Thunder.

The E-Liter was stunned from Dawn's swift reaction timing, and when they saw her glare in the distance, they instantly began to back away just as Dawn took one step forward to rush them down. Just as Dawn was about to chase the E-Liter, she heard the beeping sound of an AutoBomb, making her look down, then quickly jump away from the explosion of the walking enemy robot.

She saw an Inkling boy rushing towards her while holding and N-Zap 89, shooting quick and swift shots of Ink in her direction. Dawn dodged the swift shots of Ink, then pulled out a burst bomb, throwing it straight at the N-Zap, but they managed to dodge the bomb just in time by moving their body quickly to the side.

The N-Zap smirked at Dawn, but before he could do anything, he heard the sounds and wails of an Inkling girl from behind him, making him turn around and see that Dawn's burst bomb wasn't supposed to be aimed towards him, but rather the Inkling girl from his team behind him, who was on the verge of splatting an Octoling boy on the ground, using the Dynamo roller.

The Octoling boy on Dawn's team used this opportunity to stand up on his feet and use his Dynamo to swing at the Inkling girl, hitting her directly on her waist and brutally splatting her with a hard, clean hit.

The N-Zap cursed under his breath before turning back around towards Dawn, only to notice that she was nowhere to be found, which made the boy hold up his N-Zap and look all around him.

N-Zap: show yourself!!

The N-Zap began shooting at the enemy ink to try and reveal Dawn from her hiding place, but he found no traces of her anywhere, which made him grit his teeth in anger. The boy felt a drop of enemy Ink touch his head from above, making him look up and see Dawn high in the sky with her tentacles glowing along with her fist.

Dawn glared straight into his eyes and quickly flew downwards, punching him in the face and slamming him down onto the ground with her splashdown, splatting him in the process while creating a large explosion of ink.

Dawn stood up and sighed just as she heard the sound of a torpedo locking onto her. She turned her head and saw a torpedo heading straight in her direction, making her swiftly shoot it with ease to knock it down.

From the enemy Ink emerged an Octoling girl holding clear dapple dualies and pointed them straight at Dawn, but she reacted by jumping away from the short ranged shots. The Octoling girl rushed Dawn down and began to shoot at her once more, but Dawn avoided the shots and saw the Octoling smirk right in front of her.

Dawn thought to herself for a minute, then noticed that majority of the map wasn't getting inked at the moment, realizing that all of her squadmates were getting overwhelmed by the enemy. She felt another cephalopod emerge from the ink behind her, a Splattershot Pro Inkling girl that the Dynamo splatted earlier.