C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

REINA'S POV

Din was indeed anxious to hear about what Ahsoka and I had discussed. While the Jedi watched over Grogu (I still couldn't believe I finally learned the child's name), I took the Mandalorian aside and explained all that happened. We sat down on the soft mossed stones, our only light being a small lantern. The longer I talked, the more I longed to see Din's reactions on his face under his helmet. His shoulders moved all over the place, from hunched to cocking side to side, to arching his back in shock.

"And Grogu—"

"Grogu? Who's..." The realization dawned on him.

I smiled. "Isn't it fascinating? We finally know his name. His real name."

"It is." Din breathed. "What's next? Ahsoka Tano will train him, right?"

"I will test him in the morning." Ahsoka said, approaching from behind. She grinned at me. "And you as well."

"R-right." I nodded, and turned to Din. "We should all get some sleep then." Ahsoka left us alone, carrying the child away with her. Neither I nor Din objected, for we knew he'd be safe with the Jedi. The two of us made ourselves comfortable on the natural soft moss mattress that was the ground. We both laid on our backs, staring up at the hazy night sky.

"She wants to test me." I sighed, still processing the reality of the situation. "Ahsoka truly believes I am strong with the Force. She made everything that has happened in the past few months make so much more sense. I don't feel confused as I did before. I can already feel my mind clearing from the confusion."

"Reina," Din whispered. "Do you know this test Ahsoka spoke of?"

"I'm not sure." I shrugged. "I will let Grogu go first, since it is he we've been tasked to deliver to Ahsoka. I want to watch and see it first before it is my turn, anyway. Oh man," I felt chills shiver down my arms and spine. "I'm suddenly nervous."

"So am I." Din admitted.

"You?" I propped myself on my arm, looking at my reflection in his visor. "What do you have to be nervous of?"

"Nevermind." He rolled on his side away from me.

"Oh, no, come on." I pulled on his arm. "Tell me. What's wrong, Din?"

Din held his tongue and it bothered me.

"Fine, don't tell me." I rolled over to where our backs faced each other. Crossing my arms close to my chest, I buried the left side of my face in the moss, attempting to calm my frustrated breathing. Simultaneously, I suddenly felt warm inside, as if someone was holding me and their body heat filled me. And it soothed me deeply. I let out a breath and turned back over to look at the Mandalorian.

"Are you worried I will stay with Ahsoka as well if I pass the test?" I asked quietly. I didn't receive an immediate reply, but I waited patiently. My hand reached out and gripped onto his cape, tugging it a little to get his attention.

Din didn't move when he finally spoke, his modulator cracking, "Yes."

My heart clenched. I said nothing else and tightened my fist on his cape. What am I going to do tomorrow? I asked myself. If I pass Ahsoka's test tomorrow...Will I actually leave Din? It made me incredibly nervous I didn't have an immediate answer, but there was nothing I could do or say beforehand. I would just have to wait and find out when does happen.

————————————————————————

THIRD PERSON POV

The moment the scenery was visible through the light fog, everyone followed the Jedi alongside a creek to an open area on top of a hill when the sun seemed to shine a little brighter. Ahsoka instructed the Mandalorian to set Grogu down front and center. He did so and placed the child on a small boulder and stepped back next to Reina, who continued to rub her the goosebumps under her sleeves that had lingered since she woke up.