Six

Author's Pov...♡︎

This is the second year of their marital life and nothing has deviated. They both are still the same as ever.

Also, people started to inquire Vaanmathi about her not-being-pregnant yet. Ah, the typical society. Not just them, but even her parents and in-laws were apprehensive about it. They are afraid about her not being able to get conceive. Well, who's going to tell them that their kids still didn't start their life as a couple?? Huh?

Due to people's continuous pestering about the baby, Vaanmathi's deep-buried wish of having a child pokes out.

She truly loves to have a kid of her own. She yearns to adore it and rain him\her with so much affection. But how? How will she be able to have a baby with someone who thinks that she is ugly?

Will her insecurities ever let Vaanmathi showcase her body to her so-called husband? Still, she now can't stop herself from wanting a baby!

On a fine Sunday morning, Vaanmathi refreshes and walks out to the living room. Her in-laws are gone to some relative's residence and now it's just she and her husband alone in the home.

Even though she hates her husband, living together with him for more than a year didn't permit her to hate him. If any, it only had increased her love for him.

On the couch of the living room, Vishnu has his eyes hooked on the television where a news channel is being displayed. While he is intently attending to it, Vaanmathi's clearance of throat made him twirl his head to meet her.

She is nervous.

"You want to say something?" Vishnu asks gently and she nods her head. "Go ahead then..." He maintains his gaze on her and she sighs a breath before blurting out, "Will you have coitus with me?" Vishnu's eyes become wide at her request. He is kind of unsure whether he has heard it right or not. Why does a girl who barely talks to him want to have sex with him? He thought to himself with doubt.

"Come again?" He mumbles and Vaanmathi gulps down her shame as she utters the same again. "Will you have coitus--sex with me?" Vishnu heeds to it right this time and frowns.
"No. I'm sorry Vaanu but I can't lend you the pleasure you seek for" he concludes. He reckons that she is desperate to experience sex. Nonetheless, he didn't feel bad about it. It is a basic need in a human's life. There's nothing to feel ashamed about that.

"It's not for pleasure. I just want a baby...." She says softly. Vishnu guesses it's because of the pressure from society. "Vaanu, don't take people's words to your heart...." But then another thought blends in his brain. What If her decision has no relation to people's comments but it's entirely based on her interest in preferring a baby?

"I don't care about them and they are not the reason that I want a baby...I always fantasized about having a baby of mine Vish..." Vishnu's fear came true. His mind suddenly took him back to a decade ago when he is with Jennifer.

"Promise me you will never look or touch any girl like the way you do me.." Jennifer had asked sweetly and Vishnu had complied with her words.
They both hadn't had sex. But they had lost their precious first kiss to each other and had also made out.

"I can't..." Reminiscing on all of those memories, Vishnu shakes his head negatively and rejects Vaanmathi's wish.

'Ugly fellow' his words ring in her head again and she thinks that it is the reason why her husband is denying to have sex with her.

Vaanmathi sprints to their room, crying. She feels embarrassed. Vishnu's heart clenches as he detects her sobbing. He is hurting her, he feels utterly stupid. He really likes Vaanmathi. Hell, he had already started to fall in love with her. But he hasn't realized it...

......................

🦋🦋🦋