Heading Home

It's a five hour drive back home. "Do you think mom is home waiting for us?" Will asks Jonathan. Jonathan shrugs, Will looks down. Mike noticed that everyone being gloomy has made Will upset. "So, what do you wanna do when we get to home, will?" Mike asks Will. They both talk about all the things they want to do. That makes Jonathan happier. "I think mom might be on her work trip still." Jonathan answered a previous question. Will smiles. "Yeah, it was all the way in Alaska." "Dudes, you think she's making penguin friends?" Argyle says. Everyone laughs. Argyle turns up the radio to play Pass The Dutchie. They all start to have fun and forget about the dreading news from yesterday. Mike and Will fall asleep on each other. Will and Mike wake up, Will realizes that his head was on mikes shoulder and he quickly moves away from Mike and blushes. Mike is confused thinking it's a friend thing, being the straight, white boy, crush he is. Will looks out the window and sighs. "How much longer til we get home?" No one answers. No one knows. Will looks down then out the window. "When are we getting there?" Mike says in a stern voice. "Don't ignore Will!" Jonathan scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Mike." Jonathan sighs before talking more. "No one knows, and I don't feel like calculating the distance." He says in a stern voice. There was a long period of silence before Mike replied. "Well then say that." Mike crosses his arms, and Will looks over at him concerned. The car ride was silent and long. Finally, Will broke the hush. "Hey, Mike." Will says shyly. Mike looks over and sees Will with his fist on his palm waiting for him to play. Mike smiles and joins him in a game of rock, paper, scissors, shoot. After a little bit Will got bored and asked to stop at a gas station, if they even saw one. They eventually stoped at a gas station, and got out of the car to stretch. "My butt is numb again, dudes!" Argyle says with a tired voice. Johnathan, who hasn't been high in a while, says, "Do you still have that Purple Palm Tree Delight, Argyle?" Argyle hands Jonathan a joint. "We are going to be in the gas station" Will says before pulling Mike along with him. "Alright" Jonathan says while taking a drag before giving them some money. Mike turns down the offer. "I have my own money." Mike says. Mike glares at Jonathan and gives Will some money after showing the dollar bills to Jonathan trying to flex. "Mike! Let's just go, come on!" Mike rolls his eyes and Will drags him by his sleeve.