Home Sweet Home

After the longest five hours of their life, they finally arrived to Will and Jonathan's house. "So what now?" Mike asks everyone. No one answers for a while and everyone looks around. "Well I'm going to Hawkins, I'm gonna get a ticket today." Will says very bold. "You can't leave, Will. We have to have..." Mike pauses and takes a deep breath, "We have to have El's funeral..." They all look down except for Will. "I know. I'm bringing her stuff with me." Everyone looks around confused. "We're having her funeral in Hawkins, where she was born." Mike understands and chimes in. "We have to help our friends too. Let's get packing, Will." Will and Mike step into the house and start packing up to go back to Hawkins. Jonathan and Argyle walk in with them. "Well Me and Argyle can't-" Jonathan gets cut off. "You don't need to go." Mike says not even looking at Jonathan. "Fine." Jonathan storms off into another room. "Hey, Mike?"
"Yeah? What's wrong?"
"Well nothing's wrong, but why are you so mean to my brother?"
Mike sighs. "He is just too overprotective of you and it drives me mad!"
Will chuckles. "Why do you even care that his protective?"
Mike puts his shirt in his suitcase and thinks about his answer. "Well, think about it. If you try to get a... girlfriend he probably won't let you." Mike caught himself from saying boyfriend.
Will roles his eyes and they continue to pack.
Once they were done packing their clothes they had to pack El's stuff.
"I can't go in there.." Mike says standing outside her bedroom. Will understands and walks in alone. Mike starts to tear up and then he steps inside the bedroom. "Will..." Mike stares down at the floor. Will looks over waiting for Mike to keep talking. "I fucking miss her, Will." Mike looks up from the ground with streams of tears falling rapidly down his face. Will looks concerned for Mike so he walks over to him. They stand there very awkwardly face to face until Mike suddenly pulls Will into a hug. Will's shocked for a second but soon after he hugs Mike back. Will can feel his back getting slightly damp from Mike's tears. Will closes his eyes trying hard not to cry.
Mike lifts his head up, "And I don't even know why I care."
"Well you loved h-"
"I don't know if I did" Mike cuts him off, "Well I definitely loved her but not as a..." Mike stops talking.
"As a girlfriend?" Will asks. Will feels Mike nod his head. "It's okay, Mike. You still love her. You care... I care too." Will's voice starts cracking up as tears drown his words.
Mike hugs Will tighter moving him in closer and Will rests his head on Mike's shoulder. Jonathan passes by El's room and stops for a second to check in. He stays quiet and gives a little smirk, seeing Mike's soft side made him feel better about him. Jonathan keeps walking getting upset knowing they're crying about El. Mike let's go of Will and starts to wipe his tears away. "Sorry.." Mike says shyly. Will looks at Mike and gets closer again. "Mike, it's fine. Here." Will grabs a tissue and starts to dry Mike's face. Mike looks at Will and his checks get flushed with red, He looks away from Will and moves away. "Thanks.. Will." He clears his throat, "but... let's keep packing." He grabs a bag for El's clothes. "Oh okay..." Will gets scared he did the wrong thing, he starts to tear up but he covers it up saying it's just because of El.