Blank

"Roan-nim, On-nim, Hong-nim! Did you have fun?", one bubbly orange head asked.
"Yes, we did!", Hong exclaimed. "We made human walk a lot!", Roan added with pride like it was the greatest task he had accomplished. On chuckled. Hans grinned. 'It's great. Young master won't be able to deny our cute young lords and lady's demand' hans thought.

Hong: We ate in that famous bakery! Their cupcakes are really delicious! I like that chocolate one! What about you Noona? Dongsaeng?

On: I like the one with a blueberry topping. On answered as calmly as expected to be.

Roan: Mine is Apple flavor with strawberry topping! I also bought a lot of apple pies! With my money of course! Roan proudly puffed up his chest.

"Oh my, that's wonderful, Roan-nim. Young master must be very proud." Hans applauded. "So young master didn't pay this time?" Hans curiously asked. After all, Cale adored his children. He even pays for everything they glanced at. Hans was quite surprised as it was rare.
"Of course not! We told human that we will be the ones buying for ourselves! We won't let human do everything by himself" Roan huffed.
"Youngest is right, nya!" Nya~" On and Hong added.
"Btw kitten-nims, is there something wrong with the youngest master? He seems....down? Or blank?" Hans doubtfully asked. He had seen Cale wearing a stoic face many times. But this one felt different. Having been around Cale for long Hans was able to guess one or two emotions form that seemingly unbothered look of the young master. ' He looked as though.... distracted?'

The children's face distorted a bit into confusion. Their faces reflected confusion, understanding, unease and unsure.
"We..." On started. " ...are not sure" On frowned. She's upset that she couldn't figure out why Cale was acting like that. They were all having fun but suddenly, just for an instant Cale made a... face like he didn't understand something but also didn't like it. It was when they were buying a skewered rabbit meat, Cale was sitting at the table next to the noble ladies. On had a close eye on Cale afraid that he would be miraculously kidnapped or something. It was then Cale had a displeased look.

The children were troubled.
Hans had a sudden thought. But he discarded it almost immediately. ' It's not possible. Those rumors must be fake'
Seeing Hans changed reaction On asked,
" Do you have any idea, Hans? Can you tell us?"
"Ah!" Hans snapped out of his fantasies.
"No, On-nim. I don't think I have one for now" Hans answered solemnly. "I will go see the young master!" Hans smiled.
"You can't!" Roan shouted. Hans was confused. " Why is that so Roan- nim?"
"Human said he wants to be alone for the day. Human must be tired. Yes, that must be it!" the cute dragon exclaimed, reassuring himself.
"Oh I see. Then I shall notify the young master when it's dinner time." The family of four played around till 3 pm and arrived at 4. ' Young master mused be sleeping', Hans mused. " Shall we go look for others" Hans inquired. "Fine, human's not here anyway." Roan sulked. "We can play with Cale later. Let's go to the the wolves and tigers. They said they are making a new training routine today." Hong calmed the youngest. " OK hyung!" Roam beamed.
"The tiger tribe younglings are in the forest Roan- nim, Hong-nim and On-nim. Shall we?" Hans made way for them.
The two boys ran along with Hans. But On hesitated a little. She raised her paw, attempting to look for cale. However she put it back down. 'Cale's fine. Right?' On rethought. "Noona are you not coming?!" She relented. "Coming!" In the end, On followed the three.

Inside cale's bedroom: ......

Silence... ... ....

Click ... click ... click ....

Alberu ...

Why don't you pick up the call?

Cale had a blank face. You can't see any emotion on his unblemished face. The famous young master shield, that strong and stoic commander who always wears a stoic face had a even more blank look gazing at the private communication orb given by the current emperor Ableru Crossman.
You cannot read his face but his eyes-
His eyes swirl with complicated emotions-

Confusion, denial, experation, hope and
Resignation

It's always like this. One way or another
Cale chuckled helplessly.