Lost

A butler emerged from a tent. It was a communication tent. The soldiers were guarding the tents here and there. Some foreign soldiers were mixed as well.

He walked to the biggest tent, informed his arrival and entered.

"Your majesty, we will be arriving in two days. The preparations are in order. Would you like to add anything else, sire?", asked a head butler responsible for relaying any message his highness gave to those in the palace.

This butler has been around his highness Alberu Crossman since he was a crown prince. Not very long but enough to know that his majesty dislikes throwing parties.
It was subtle but he can see the displeased expression once in a while.
As observant he is, the butler can't seem to figure out Alberu's sudden change in demeanor. So he tried to get close to Alberu's intentions as much as he could.
He needs to be a perfect servant for the one and only Alberu Crossman, the Emperor of the Roan empire, after all.

"Did you sent the message to Cale? How was his response?", asked Alberu.
He was sitting at the temporary table, going through some documents and files.

'It is about the young hero again', thought the butler. 'His majesty cares about the young hero a lot', he mused.

Almost all the citizen suspect a thing with the young hero and his companions. They just couldn't confirm with whom. Who wouldn't want this fine young man. There are even some delusional women and men out there wishing for a hand in marriage with this noble young lord, nobles and commoners alike.

'His highness is obviously a better choice' the butler was one of the people who rather the hero as their queen.
'Such a noble, courageous and pure young man. They would definitely make a strong and magnificent rulers', he daydreamed.

"Sir Ron, young commander's butler, relayed that the young commander will be there, sire", the butler answered with a bright smile.

"Good then", Alberu continued his work.

He just so happened to look up and saw the butler looking like a devoted believer thrilled to meet his lord.

Alberu held in a laugh. After the last battle, every people throughout both continents stuck to Cale's temporary Commander of Allied Forces title. Cale threw a little tantrum concerning this title. The soldiers were worshipping him like he was an apostle sent to vanquish the enemies. The citizen were ready to get down on their knees from just one glimpse to his brilliant blood red hair. The nobles? Well... they were... uncontrollable. Don't mention the ladies.

Alberu terribly enjoyed Cale's torment. Cale locked himself up after their triumph celebration. Alberu relished the lack of massive headache.

If one is gone, there will be two.

Clopeh Sekka just had to ignite the flames of devotion to the extreme. Temples were built, honoring The hero's sacrifices. That was annoying as well as entertaining.

But the other headache is his marriage. As an influential emperor, he should be knotted to someone to carry his lineage. It doesn't help that he has a handsome face, is a perfect husband material and citizens' eagerness to only give their services and loyalty to his descendents.
The nobles had been utterly insane. Countless marriage proposals, love letters and confessions ranging from being sickenly sweet to disgustingly blunt. He honestly can't have a single peaceful day.
Except the times with Cale of course. They just make his day.

He loves Cale. Deeply. Helplessly  and hopelessly so. Cale is cute, ethereal, Honest (blunt) and overall? Sweet.
He intended to make Cale the Queen. However Cale desperately refused (threatened) Alberu to discard that intention. If Cale doesn't want it, then he won't have it. Being a dark elf, Alberu never wished for a child. But he wants a child now.  With Cale.

It is an impossible wish but he will fulfil it one way or another.
There was just so happened to be an alliance offering from a distant Kingdom.
Their princess. She is above average in her beauty and talents but not even close to Cale. At least, she can bear their child. It may sound ruthless. It's not like Alberu cared. They offered her and he needed her for something. Convinent marriage. <He wants to see Cale jealous>

When the king brought up that topic, Alberu contemplated. He accepted in the end, (warning) telling the king that there will be no romance involved for his daughter's happiness. The king had a slight troubled expression. The king looked like he wanted to inform Alberu about something but he resigned and requested if Alberu could spend some time with his daughter. Hoping they could find a bond between them. Alberu complied.
She was surprising pleasant and Alberu enjoyed her presence. But it felt like...
it was forced?

There was this unknown feelings? Sensation? Thoughts? They keep ringing in his head. Like a whisper.

Two months passed. Alberu felt that he forgot something.

Or. . .

Lost something?