15

Y/n's POV

"Mate!" i growled at the stunning beauty, or rather, my wolf did.

She was truly a stunning beauty- that I can call her almost every day. It was true and I felt giddy, I can't even stop smiling widely.

Every part of me was tingling, my hands itching to touch her, both curious and longing to feel the sparks between.

I have a mate!

But she-my so-called mate was laughing. Laughing maniacally as a familiar witch pinned her down, struggling to cuff both of her hands on a bed's leg.

Her shirt, hands, and legs are all coated with fresh crimson blood. It was not hers, could tell,

A grayish brown wolf lay dead beside her, bathing in its own pool of blood. Its tail was detached and the same goes for its front leg its head was twisted in a surely painful angle. And there was also a knife plunged deep in its eye, causing its eyeball to pop out.  Its blood continues to seep down, almost reaching my feet. Poor wolf.

It was disgusting, stomach churning, nauseating, sickening. Whatever you call it, it just made me want to vomit.

With my face scrunching in pure disgust, I averted my eyes and saw Jennie, still laughing but this time staring at me creepily like a mad person.

She lifted her bloodied hand and took one long lick, smirking. "Mate my ass"

It's just a simple rejection-i know I'm not gonna cry....

I looked up and fan my eyes. I'm not gonna cry.

I sniffed and let out a shaky breath as my bottom lip started trembling. I'm not gonna cry over her, over this- this simple rejection.

My heart clenched tightly as pain immediately overwhelmed my chest. clenched it feeling the heaviness and ache inside.

It feels as if my heart just fell at the pit of my stomach and was repeatedly crushed into infinite pieces. It was ten times worst than a human heartbreak.

I didn't even notice that fresh salty tears were already streaming down my face. tried contacting my wolf but she wasn't responding.

Not able to bear the pain any longer, I quickly shifted and scrambled to my feet, heading straight deep inside the forest.

I ran without thinking straight. The tears pooling out as I release a pained, sorrowful howl.

It was painful, inside and out.

One by one, droplets of tears started running down, it wasn't mine though. It was from the sky, from the dark clouds above; crying and sympathizing with me as if it just had understood all my pain and sorrows.

As move farther away, the connection with my mate thins, making me long for her touch and affection; that is basically how the mate bond works.

The farther both mates are from each other, the stronger the pull of the bond. It is like a rubber band, the thinner and farther it gets stretched, the more it would pull both ends back together.

A sudden pain on my side had me yelping out loud as went flying a few meters off ground.

Grunting, a dark figure suddenly appears with hands glowing in a luminous golden hue. Fear blooms inside my chest, making my heart beat erratically, hurriedly scurried away, panting as I sprint across endless trees. I stumble a bit on the rocks but immediately get up and continue pumping my legs.

The landscape started to blur but I keep pushing myself as the figure was hot on my heels. And as if things couldn't get any luckier, my front leg was suddenly tangled in a twisted shrub. I barely caught myself falling on my face.