1, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦

The one truth people seem to always leave out when telling you about life, is that no one gives a shit about you

The one truth people seem to always leave out when telling you about life, is that no one gives a shit about you. If there was one thing Fiona wished she had known before now, it was that you can't rely on anyone to get you where you wanna be. Uma had taught her that, as stupid as it sounds.

She knew it made her look stupid to talk about how she couldn't trust anyone anymore, but then also spent her time hanging out with Uma, who has turned her life around. The thing about that though, is Fiona didn't trust Uma, or at least she told herself she didn't trust her. She just needed to be friends with someone to feel like she wasn't so alone in life, and Uma had been there for her since her friends left.

Fiona couldn't function alone. She needed someone to be by her side to keep her going. Whether it was a friend, a partner, or role model. She needed someone, and Uma was that person.

"I hate when your mom yells." Fiona told her, a far off look on her face as if contemplating whether she should have said that.

"My mom always yells." Uma laughed, which made Fiona smile too.

"Maybe I just hate your mom." She continued laughing, an angelic sound that was rarely heard from her now. Uma nodded her agreement to the statement before her smile dropped once they reached the front of the diner and saw what, or who more specifically, had been on the news.

Uma placed the tray she was carrying down on the counter before grabbing something off of it and throwing it at the tv that broadcasted Mal's face. Fiona watched her do it, a glare set on her face as she remembered the broken promises Mal alone had made to her.

"Poser." Uma spoke, placing her hands on the counter.

"Backstabber." Fiona added.

Traitor." Harry joined in.

Uma looked around for a moment, waiting for everyone else to join in before realizing they wouldn't. "Hello!"

Everyone in the diner began yelling and throwing food in the direction of the tv just like Uma did, one of the effects they had on people. The two girls shared a look before simultaneously rolling their eyes.

"Oh, I would love to wipe the smiles off their faces, know what I mean?" Harry spoke, wiping some of the food off the tv with his finger before sticking it in his mouth.

Fiona scoffed. "You and the rest of us sweetheart."

"Gill," Uma started, turning to their clueless friend. "You wanna quit choking down yolks and get with the program?"

Gill swallowed his food. "Yeah, what they said."

"That little traitor. Who left us in the dark!"

"Who betrayed us!" Fiona added. "Who said she'd come back for all of us and didn't!"

"Who turned her back on evil." Harry added.

"Who said you weren't big or bad enough to be in her gang." Gill tried to join in, only to have everyone give him warning looks, except for Fiona who looked confused. "Back when we were kids." He continued, thinking they were all confused. "Come on, you guys remember. She called her shrimpy and the name just kinda.." He paused as he finally seemed to understand what their looks meant. "Stuck."