3, Chridhe

"Hey, Fiona

"Hey, Fiona."

The girl immediately turned her head around at the sound of the voice. She stood up, careful not to lose balance due to being on her roof, and looked at him. Carlos stood a few feet away from her. He had grown out just a little bit, and he still looked just as sweet as he had before he left. "What are you doing here, Carlos?"

He looked shocked. He had expected her to be happy, to smile when she saw him and give him a hug. He didn't expect her to sound so cold. "I like the hair, the teal suits you."

"You didn't answer my question." She sounded firm, leaving now room for messing around. Carlos looked utterly defeated. She didn't sound like the same person she was before he left.

"We came here to look for Mal, why do you sound so upset?"

She scoffed. She couldn't believe that for just a moment, maybe he had come because he wanted to see her. That maybe he and the others had actually missed her while they were gone. "Why don't you take a guess at why I sound so upset."

He frowned his eyebrows together. "What are you talking about, Fi?"

"Don't call me that."

"I always call you that."

"No, you used to call me that."

"Why does that even mean?" He took a step closer to her but she stopped him by shaking her head. "Fi, just talk to me."

"You really don't have a clue?" She narrowed her eyes at him. He shook his head.

Fiona scoffed, walking past and going down the ladder. He followed her. For some reason, him not knowing why she was mad made her even more mad. She sped up as she walked into her house, trying to shut the door before he caught up, but he used his head to stop it.

"Are you just not gonna tell me why you're so mad?" He asked.

"Why should I?"

He gave her a dumbfounded look. "Because I'm confused, Fi!"

"I said don't call me that!" She continued walking until she reached her kitchen and began making herself a glass of water.

"Fine!" He yelled back. He couldn't understand why she was so mad at him, if anything they should be mad at her. She's the one that started working with one of the only people Mal genuinely hated. "I heard you're running around with Uma and her gang now."

Fiona rolled her eyes. "And let me guess, you have something to say about it. What is it? Did I betray you guys by befriending the enemy?"

"I didn't say that." He answered.

"You would never say it!" She yelled. "You're too sweet to tell your ex-best friend that you think she betrayed not only you, but your other friends as well."

Carlos hadn't even paid attention to most of what she said, his mind only focusing on one thing. "Ex-best friend?"

Fiona looked at him, fighting the urge to be sympathetic towards him when she heard the heartbreak in his voice. She tried to remind herself that he and the others deserved this after what they did. She didn't say anything.