the other side

*~🫧*~🎪*~🎶

*~🫧*~🎪*~🎶

November rolled around fast. Billy was still being an ass about Max and her new friends. November was when I got introduced to the other world other than Hawkins. It was after Halloween when my father burst through my door. I was studying for an upcoming test before brake when he arrived.

"Where is your sister?" he asked, I looked up confused.

"I thought she was in her room, I saw her like three hours ago," I told him.

"Oh so you don't check on her?" he yelled. I flinched back on my bed. There was anger behind his eyes, like a fire that wouldn't go out.

"She told me not to, that she was studying for something" I defended myself. Billy came bounding over when he heard the yelling.

"Hey, stop yelling at her, if you're mad about Max going missing then it's my fault" he defended. Billy wasn't one to stand up to our father but he always knew that him yelling at me was something he wouldn't stand for. I was his twin sister and in his mind, he would rather be the one getting the beating or yelling.

"Damn right it's your fault so you're going to go find her before I beat some sense into you"

"Yes sir" Billy responded nodding his head.

"And you, help your idiot brother find her," he said and stormed out. I quickly shoved Billy out of my room threw on some jeans, a red shirt, and a jacket, and met him by the car. We drove around until we ended up at the Byers' house. He was one of the kids Max is friends with, but billy was angry about that too. Steve stood in front of the house and when I stepped out of the car he gave me a look, you okay. I nodded my head back at him and side glanced at my brother who looked murderous. I could see the kid's heads in the windows and Max's eyes landed on me. She knew if things got dier I would have to step in and she didn't want that. When Steve got close to Billy leaving an opening I dashed for the door and I heard the sound of a body hitting concrete. I didn't dare turn around to see Steve getting hit.

"Max!" I yelled she ran over and we collided into a hug. "I don't know what you're doing here but we have to leave"

"'I can't. I can't yet" She said. Billy burst through the door, anger spread across his face.