Sleep

Andy was laying in his bunk, staring up at the ceiling of it as he willed himself to go to sleep. He couldn't sleep.

Again.

Sleep was a rarity on tour for the singer. He's always had trouble with it. Whether it be on the bus, on a plane, or in a hotel. It has always been a struggle for him. He didn't have a sleep disorder or anything, he slept fine at home, but on tour it was a different story.

Sometimes he was able to fall asleep no trouble, but usually his nights were spent like this. Staring at the ceiling, praying that exhaustion would take over. He rolled onto his side, his gaze now trained on the curtain that covered the entrance of his bunk. It was completely dark in his small little coffin of sorts so he couldn't really see anything, but still, he stared.

Finally he grabbed his phone out from under his pillow and checked the time.

4:23 a.m.

"Fucking fantastic." Andy mumbled under his breath. He pondered watching the office, but his airpods were on the couch up front and he preferred not waking up his entire band and crew to get them.

His notebook was in the back lounge which would be a lot easier to get to since his bunk was right next to the door of it. He weighed his options before he sighed, and pushed the curtain open quietly. Andy had the bottom bunk so it was relatively easy to slip out and make his way into the lounge with no one noticing-

"Andy?"

Andy had barely closed the door of the back lounge before he spun around to see Lonny sitting on the couch, his legs crisscrossed and a laptop balanced precariously on his knee.

"What are you doing up? Its four in the morning." Andy asked quietly. He observed the guitarist. He didn't look exhausted as Andy felt at the moment and he was mildly jealous.

Lonny stared, blinking a few times before he finally spoke. "But you're awake too?" He replied slowly, as if he himself wasn't even sure if that was an applicable argument.

Andy snorted, and shrugged. "I can't sleep on tour." He lamented, joining the other man on the couch.

"Oh." Lonny nodded, still watching Andy curiously. It was still very early into the tour, Lonny wasn't sure how much he could say or ask. "Do you always have trouble with that?" He asked gently even though he knew the answer. Andy has talked about his tour insomnia on his podcast many times, but Andy didn't need to know that Lonny was a patron yet.

... was Lonny sure when a good time would be? No, not exactly. But as soon as he did, he would tell the older man happily.

"Yeah, I sleep fine at home, but for whatever reason, I can't on tour." Andy shrugged. He's tried everything from chamomile tea to Nyquil to straight up sedatives. At this point it was easier to just hope he gets at least a few hours a night.

"Have you slept at all?" Lonny asked, the dark circles underneath Andy's eyes worrying him.

"Yes..." Andy said in the most unconvincing tone ever to be uttered by a human.

"Okay, I know I'm gullible, but I'm not that dumb." Lonny said with a chuckle

"Does closing my eyes and thinking of every mistake I've ever made in my life count as sleeping?" Andy asked with a smile, earning a laugh from the guitarist.