Gran Gets it

Andy was sitting in the back lounge, smiling softly with his cellphone pressed to his ear. "No, gran. It's not too cold. I've been staying warm, don't worry." He replied, picking at the loose thread on the hem of his hoodie. It was a chilly day in Cincinnati, much like it always was this time of year. A decade in sunny Los Angeles has spoiled Andy though so he was freezing.

"Well good, I'd rather you not get sick this early in the year, it could turn into pneumonia you know." Andy's brilliant, beautiful, amazing grandmother said. "How is my guy?" She asked.

"Yanni is doing great." Andy chuckled. Ann loved Yanni like he was a bonus grandson. His whole family loved Yanni. Andy didn't have a lot of people he could say he completely trusted, but outside if his family, Yanni was definitely near the top of that list.

"Good, I'm glad. How about those new boys in your band, I haven't met them yet. Will I get to meet them tonight?" Ann asked.
"They're great and yes, you'll get to meet them, gran. Lonny and Sage." Andy replied, supplying their names for her.

"Your mom has told me how much you like that Lonny, he sounds sweet." Ann said. The smile in her voice obvious.

Andy scrambled to find the right words. He didn't want to jump to conclusions and assume his grandmother meant that in the romantic sense. He didn't like Lonny like that, why would she think he did?

"He's a really great guy, and an amazing musician." Andy said instead. Be wasn't sure why he struggled to reply so much. It was gran. She wasn't implying anything. Not that it would matter because Lonny was just a friend.

"I can't wait to meet him." Ann said. Andy was trying to decipher her tone, was she implying something? Did his mom say something to make her think that Lonny was something more? "I'll let you go, dear. I'll see you tonight."

"Okay, gran. I love you." Andy replied with a smile though his mind was still whirring with questions. If he could get Amy alone, he was going to ask her about this.

"I love you too." And with that she hung up. A cool fifteen minutes as per usual. Ann was not a phone call person at all so fifteen minutes was standard for the elderly woman. There were few things consistent in this world, but gravity and Ann Flanders' short phone calls could always be counted on.

Andy stood, sliding his phone into the pocket of his hoodie. He was so happy he was going to get to see his parents and his grandmother. Living so far away from his family never got easier. Sometimes he missed being a kid. No responsibility, no constant traveling, no bills, just him and his family. He missed that. If Andy thought they would agree to it, he would move his parents down to Los Angeles, but he knew that would never happen. Cincinnati was their home for better or worse.

Andy left the lounge, making his way through the bunk alley when something caught his attention.

His own voice?

He stood there, straining his ears as he listened, trying to figure out what exactly the video was. It wasn't him singing, it was him talking. He heard his cousin's voice and his brows furrowed in confusion. Who was watching The Andy Show?

He finally pinpointed which bunk the sound was coming from, and opened the curtain to find Lonny laying there, his phone propped up on his knee and an episode of The Andy Show playing.

Lonny jumped and much to his horror found Andy standing there. This was exactly the situation Beaux had warned him about. Great. Andy was going to think he was a freaking stalker now. This was mortifying.