I've Got a Crush, it's Crushing Me

Lonny might die of a heatstroke.

It was 110 degrees Fahrenheit in the city they were playing in for Disrupt festival, and he was miserable. Lonny was Canadian, he wasn't built for this kind of weather. He loved warm weather, but this was too much. He was sitting outside the bus under one of the tents. The AC was broken so the bus was absolutely miserable to be in. He had taken his shirt off a while ago in an attempt to combat the sweltering heat.

The tour was some of the most fun Lonny has ever had on the road. Everyone was so nice and positive, the other bands were incredibly welcoming, and the fans were amazing. Lonny didn't want the summer to end if he was being honest. Everything was perfect.

Almost perfect.

Things have been... not tense per say with Andy, just- different. There was an energy between them. A strange pull that drew Lonny to the singer more than ever before. It was electric at times, almost overwhelming. Ever since Andy did his eyeliner for a show, Andy has been different towards him.

Lonny couldn't put his finger on it, but there was a definite change in Andy's behavior towards him.

Something cold touched the back of his neck, and he wanted to cry from relief, it felt so good. He glanced back to see Andy standing beside him, a cold bottle of water in his hand and what Lonny assumed was another one pressed against the back of his neck. "Hot?" Andy asked with a chuckle.

'You are, yes.' Lonny wanted to say but somehow refrained. There it was. The change between them. Lonny wanted to talk to him and be around him as much as possible still, but he also wanted to lean into him, play with his soft curls that now reached the base of his neck, compliment him every chance he got, kiss him-.

"I might die." Lonny said dramatically, dropping his head. He prayed to anyone that was listening that Andy couldn't read minds in that moment. This crush was getting out of hand fast. His feelings were slowly crushing him. That moment in the green room gave Lonny the most dangerous thing he could have in his predicament.

Hope.

Andy snorted, sitting his water down and opening the bottle in his other hand, pouring a bit onto the back of Lonny's neck. "Better?" He asked, trying not to watch the water trail down his back.

This new found attraction to the guitarist was only getting worse, and Andy despised it. He hated how much he wanted Lonny. All it would lead to was trouble. He knew that, but he couldn't keep away.

Lonny was magnetic. His positive energy, kind eyes, pretty smile(and great body) drew Andy in. He wanted to learn everything about Lonny. He could spend hours talking to the younger man and never grow bored.

Lonny was special. He was talented and beautiful and smart and completely unaware of pop culture and afraid of everything and such a fucking dork. Andy liked him so much it hurt.

He was twenty-eight years old and he had a fucking crush. This was ridiculous.

"Yes, thank you." Lonny sighed. "Do you ever get used to this heat?" He asked, genuinely curious how the older man managed to do so many outdoor festivals for so many years without dying.

He looked at the older man, noting his completely unbuttoned print shirt and the backwards baseball cap that kept his hair out of his eyes. His skin was shiny with sweat, and his face was flushed slightly. He looked cute. Lonny never understood how Andy managed to look breathtaking no matter what he wore.