A Visit a Day

Prompt: "I'm in the nurses office a lot with migraines and you're always in here organizing her tongue depressors and I really don't think you go to this school so what gives?"
Word count: 1,695 (feel free to skip some, I have verbosity issues 💀)

Robin stepped through the halls of the school with his hands in his pockets. This was the second time this week he had been dismissed from his lunch period for getting into a fight. Honestly, he didn't care. Well, he cared in a "I don't know why my life has to be like this" kind of way, but he was never just going to admit that.

He didn't mind being dismissed from lunch, he preferred it, actually. He was always sent to the nurse, as he'd usually end up with a bloody nose every time he'd fight with someone. Often, it was because he got hit, but sometimes he'd just stage his nose bleeding so he wouldn't have to go to the office.

He really liked the nurse. She really cares about him in the way a mother does. She gets disappointed when he fights, and annoyed that he always has to come see her, not because she hates having to deal with students, but because she hates having to see Robin get into trouble. It's really comforting, and makes Robin feel loved, but also a bit sad that he doesn't have anyone closer to him like her in his life. Oh, also, he's like, 100% sure the nurse is a lesbian.

Another added bonus of going to the nurse was the cute boy that was, for some reason, always present during lunch. He wouldn't leave to class at the end, either, he'd just stay there. Robin had never talked to him, but he was really interested in figuring out what his deal was. Was he the nurse's son? They didn't look alike, the nurse had red hair and green eyes, and the boy had brown hair and brown eyes, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be related. Though, the nurse was a little young to have a child Robin's age. Siblings, maybe?

He always wondered why he never saw the kid outside of the nurses room, and why he seemed to never go to class. Did he even go to Robin's school? Actually, maybe not. Maybe he really was the nurse's little brother and he was just homeschooled or something. It didn't really matter to Robin, he just liked being able to look at the other boy. That sounds creepy, and it probably is creepy, but who cares? Robin certainly doesn't.

Robin opened the door to the nurse's room rather politely, the only sight in the room being the mysterious boy currently sorting the tongue depressors in the corner of the room. That was the boy's whole purpose, it seemed. He was always sorting, organizing or cleaning, and occasionally helping the nurse with paper work in her office, always in complete silence. Robin stood at the door in silence for a couple seconds, looking at the other boy, and was caught off guard when the brunette shot him a glance, and called out, "Miss Edwin," over his shoulder. Alright, so they definitely aren't related.

She peaked out of her office immediately. "Yes?" she asked. The boy returned his eyes back to Robin just long enough for the nurse to turn and look at him as well. "Oh, Robin!" she smiled. "Nice to see you."
Robin nodded, "Hey, Miss Edwin." She stepped out of her office entirely and walked over to the cabinets on the other side of the room, standing next to the brunette. "Another tough day, hm?"

Robin came fully into the room and shut the door behind him. "Yeah, I guess," he said, walking closer to the nurse. She pulled a box of tissues from the cabinet and handed them to Robin. "Well, as usual, you're welcome to hang out here for as long as you like until class starts. If you need me, I'm in my office, okay?" Robin nodded, keeping his eyes locked on the box in his hand. "Robin," the nurse pulled his attention to her, "if you need to talk to me, I'm in my office, okay?" she repeated, wearing a concerned expression. Robin nodded again, with an audible response, "Yes, Miss Edwin." She grew a kind smile and patted him on the shoulder, returning to her office.