The Best Medicine

Prompt: "I scraped my knee and now you're fixing it up and I swear if you don't stop running your hands over my leg I will kick you."
Word count: 1,445

- This chapter contains a make out scene! -

Finney raced down the sidewalk, his mind creating a mental map of his surrounds, planning his next move. He couldn't go home. His father would ask why these boys were chasing him. He didn't want to go find Gwen, he'd hate to intrude on her time with her friend. He knew were he wanted to go, he didn't even know why he was debating it.

He ran for his life, desperate to make it to Robin's house. The pathway was burned into his brain from the many times he's had to run to Robin in mortal danger before. Robin's parents were never home. He didn't know too much about them, Robin didn't really like to talk about it, but apparently they work long hours.

All thoughts melted from his mind when he finally came to Robin's street. He tore down the road, and, in his overexcitement, tripped on the road just outside the other boy's house. He scrambled to his feet as quickly as possible, but it wasn't quick enough. The three bullies grabbed him and lifted him up, starting to drag him off. One put a firm hand over the brunette's mouth.

Despite how hopeless this looked, Finney wasn't about to give up. Not when he was this close to sanctuary. He kicked and punched until his mouth was free, and delivered the loudest call for help he could possibly pull off.

"Robin!!"

A couple houses along the street opened their windows to peak out, investigating all the noise, but that didn't matter. Seconds after Finney's cry for assistance, the boy he'd requested stormed out of his house, a baseball bat in hand. Was that overkill? Not in Finney's mind.

"Oye, gilipollas!" The boys looked up, almost immediately dropping Finney. "Get the fuck away from him before I bash your malditas caras in!" With that, they took off, not even staying to put up a fight. Finney watched them depart, sighing with relief. Once they vanished behind the corner of the street, he turned back around to see Robin on his knees before him, bat set aside.

"Ugh, baby, are you okay?" Robin asked, reaching out to the other boy. He felt his face and pet his hair, assuring that the love of his life was safe and unharmed. He would've kissed Finney right then and there, but was cautious enough to look around and take note of all the sudden bystanders, some of which had come out of their houses at this point. "Let's take this inside," he winked. This got a playful scoff from Finney, who was swiftly helped to his feet by his savior and brought inside the small house he resided in.

Once inside, Finney was relieved by the cool wave of air brought on by the AC. He stepped inside, breathing long, relaxed breaths while Robin locked up the front door. "Okay," he sighed, turning around once everything was secure, "let me look at you." Finney's face blushed red at the request, but he remained still as Robin grabbed his shoulders and examined him up and down.

"Jesus, babe..." he said.
"What?" Finney asked. He followed Robin's eyes and looked down at himself, only to realize he had scraped his knee, a few consistent drops of blood running down his leg. Black dust from the road surrounded the wound. "Oh. Oops."
"'Oops?' Really?" Robin laughed.
"What??" Finney repeated.
His boyfriend rolled his eyes. "You're lucky I worry about you so much. Come on." He grabbed Finney's hand and pulled him into the kitchen.

Once in the other room, Robin grabbed Finney's waist and pressed him back against a counter, rather forcefully. The brunette gasped, looking up at the other boy with expectance in his eyes, only to be met with a teasing grin. "Hop up," Robin said, releasing Finney and calmly stepping away into the bathroom to grab some wound care supplies. Finney groaned in annoyance. Robin new exactly what game he was playing. The injured boy reluctantly lifted himself onto the kitchen counter, impatiently waiting for his boyfriend.

Speak of the devil, Robin returned with a small first aid kit. He set it beside Finney and pulled out some wound disinfectant to begin. He dabbed some onto a small cotton ball and ran it over the other boy's cuts. The first couple balls he used didn't even do anything but soak up blood. Finney winced at the sting from the antiseptic. "I don't understand why you don't just use water."

"Because water's bad for you," Robin stated.
Finney gave him a look, but he simply reaffirmed his stance. "I'm serious. It makes your skin swell and keeps you from healing properly. I read about it, so it's true." That got a laugh from Finney, causing Robin to go pink in the face, smiling. Feelings of happiness from either of these two affected the other like falling dominos. "You're so smart, babe," Finney said. He brought his hand up and ran it through the other's hair. Robin blushed harder, giggling quietly. "No, I-I just get bored," he struggled to let out. It's not an overstatement to say that Finney is the only person in Robin's life that can bring down his tough exterior.

Robin finished with the antiseptic and now was to began with the bandages. While retrieving them from his first aid kit, he unconsciously moved his hand farther up the inside of Finney's leg then intended. The brunette reacted with a gasp, and grabbed the other boy's wrist, holding it up. "What? What's wrong?" Robin asked, confused. It only took him a second to figure out the issue. "Oh," he said in a playful tone. His concerned expression effortlessly shifted into a mischievous smirk.

The two boys stared at one another intensely. Finney made getting to him a challenge, and one that Robin consistently accepted with no issue. After a couple seconds of silent war between the two via eye contact, Robin made the next move, setting his free hand on the highest point of Finney's outer thigh.

Finney grabbed his other hand immediately without even needed to look, as if it was just a natural reflex. "Robin, I will kick you," he said in a low voice. This wasn't a bluff. Finney was well prepared to hurt his boyfriend to get him to stop doing something, and Robin knew it. However, this only gave Robin more insensitive to mess with Finney. Exactly how far would the brunette boy let him push before he needed to stop?

Robin leaned towards his boyfriend. "Go ahead," he challenged Finney's threat. Robin expected a little more pushback, but was surprisingly shown no resistance when he kissed the other boy.

The kiss remained calm and cute for all of, like, a couple seconds, then quickly escalated. Finney released Robin's hands in favor of being able to grip the long hair of his partner's that he adored. Robin took the opportunity to bring his hands down and hold Finney's waist. Once he'd assured that his injured boyfriend had no issue with his actions, he lifted the other's shirt, feeling his stomach. Finney felt his heartbeat speed up steadily. The more Robin touched him, the more he felt his insides turn, in a good way. A very good way.

Robin temporarily separated his lips from Finney's, which caused him to release a whine, and kissed his neck. Finney released his boyfriend's hair, and wrapped his arms around his neck, breathing heavily. Robin could feel Finney's heavy pulse with every kiss he delivered. Because Finney was so thin, he could feel the outline of his ribs without needing to press down on his skin. Robin loved everything about who his boyfriend was, inside and out, and he always wanted to make sure he knew it.

Robin pulled back just far enough to be able to look into the other boy's dark brown eyes. "Te quiero," he said, slightly out of breath. Finney giggled. Robin always told him that, but he never knew what it meant until he looked it up. Once he did, he almost had a heart attack. That day, he ran straight from the library to Robin's house and nearly tackled him when he opened the door. They had only started dating a couple weeks before that, but Robin had been telling him that since 8th grade.

"I love you, too," Finney replied, equally struggling to breathe. Both boys smiled, hearts ready to burst out of their chests. Robin delivered Finney one last heavy kiss, before stepping away completely, much to his partner's dismay. "Oh, quit complaining," he said, reaching back into the kit for the bandages. "You're still bleeding, you know."

- - - - -

Hey guys, author Vic stepping in here for a sec. I'm interested in hearing if you guys liked this shot! This was a lot more lovey and a lot less lustful than the make out shots I usually write, so I'm just curious to know if it was something you guys enjoyed! Ok that's all, thanks for reading, love y'all ^^ ❤️