Fight x Flight

A/N: Ok I know this chapter kind of sucks but I wrote it anyways and there's nothing you can do about it 😈 Also I censored all the racial slurs in this one because I was uncomfortable ✨

- - - - -

Note: The boys are in their junior year and Gwen is a sophomore!
Word count: 1,579

TW: Homophobia (sexual comments), racial and sexual slurs,(yeah this one's REAL 80s ❤️)

Finney looked up at the tree branches above him, guarding him from the afternoon sun. Small rays managed to slip through, but it didn't bother him. He was surprisingly able to ignore the warmth, even with the zipped up jacket he sported that day.

He resisted opening his lunch bag and patiently waited for his boyfriend and his younger sister to arrive at their usual spot. They'd both gone inside the school to get their own lunch, which Finney always sat out of. Gwen only ate school lunch a couple days a week, but Robin did it daily, and with no issues, which absolutely perplexed Finney. He found school lunches repulsive, and would rather go the entire day without eating than consume flattened PB&J's and undercooked pizza.

Still, sometimes he debated going through the line just so he wouldn't have to sit in the outside cafeteria area by himself. Every moment he spent without Robin was one he spent at serious risk of getting beat by some random kids. Luckily, over the years, he's become pretty much untouchable due to his relationship with Robin, but there were still some kids that didn't understand who they were indirectly messing with. Those kids being 3 new boys that moved to Finney's school this year.

Finney didn't know much about these three, all he knew was that the leader of this trio was a friend of Buzz's. The other two were pretty much just random kids that Buzz and his boys picked up and were now essentially using as hired guns. Or, fists.

Weirdly, though, their fists were never needed. They bullied Finney exclusively in a verbal capacity. It was likely that Buzz had told them not to touch Finney, or they'd immediately get their shit rocked by Robin.

Finney noticed their presence at a lunch table a little ways down from the tree he sat under, but didn't acknowledge them, partially because he just didn't care, but also because he was a little afraid of what they might do to him without Robin or a teacher around.

The three of them rose from their table a few minutes after Finney had sat down and came up to him, looking oddly smug. "Hey, Finney," the main boy said. Finney didn't respond, only kept his eyes on the ground before him. "What's with the jacket?" he asked, again, getting no response.

"Is your boyfriend making you wear it?" Finney glanced up at that remark, but immediately looked back down. The three boys laughed, and Buzz's friend continued. "Does he want you to hide that shit on your neck?"

Oh no.

Finney clasped a hand over the lower portion of his neck, feeling his breathing begin to pick up. The boys laughed harder. "Yeah, doesn't cover it as well as you think it does, faggot." That phrase began to draw a few eyes over to the four kids. Finney could feel them looking, which made his face start heating up.

"Disgusting fucking fairies."
"If you can't even hide the gross ass shit you do to each other, you should just stay home."
The two other boys chimed in.

At this point, everyone at the lunch tables was looking over at the situation. Finney felt like he was going to vomit. Honestly, the third boy kind of had the right idea. Finney would rather be anywhere but here. He should've just faked being sick. They continued laughing and saying disgusting things, trying to get something out of Finney, probably tears.