Chapter 3: Hello Bambi

Notes: Thank you for the 90 reads! I really appreciate it and look forward to uploading more chapters! On a side note, I don't know if I should keep my chapter titles as songs or not! I have a hard time trying to find right song. 

Edit & phrase is mine. The picture belong to its owner. 

Chapter 3:

Macau's POV:

"You promised you'd try to have fun, at least," Sorn stated as he took a seat next to Macau at the bar.

Macau turned his head away from Sorn and continued to look through his photo album on his phone. I need to take new photos. "Go away, S."

But Sorn persisted. "It's only eight. We have almost four hours left and you're already being grumpier than usual. And what is with your outfit?"

Macau straightened up and frowned at his best friend. He had decided to ditch his usual attire of sweater vests and striped shirts in exchange for one of his darker varsity jackets. Underneath the jacket, was a black muscle tee that hugged his lean body; it was tucked into his black jeans and lastly, he wore the latest Nike shoes to match the jacket. He even slightly gelled his hair back and wore a small hoop on his left ear, instead of his usual stud.

"This is a club. Show off your body," Sorn then pointed to himself. The older Thai boy wore a black button down. The first two buttons exposed his pale chest and the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. His trousers were darker and held his waist by a Gucci belt that matched his Gucci loafers. Around his wrist was a gold Cartier bracelet with a matching ring on his middle finger. His dyed blonde hair was pushed back, exposing his forehead and dark curled lashes that framed his sandy brown eyes. "How are you supposed to be my wingman if you don't look approachable?"

"Since when did you need a wingman? You can have anyone you want."

Sorn smirked. "Well, obviously. But I want to try a new role. Tonight I'm the shy, awkward boy hanging out with his friends."

"In that outfit?" Macau rolled his eyes. "No one would believe you."

"A comfortable outfit is the secret to being confident. And when you're confident, you're sexy enough to play off any look," Sorn responded with a wink.

Macau only shook his head and flagged the bartender down. He ordered a sprite then took a quick look around the club.

There were many people dancing on the floor; some in groups and others with their partners. The light flashes multiple colors, changing as it went along with whatever beat was dropped. And since the dance floor was down two steps, the upper floor was surrounded by tall tables and stools. To the far-right corner were some booth seatings and behind the curtains were the VIP sections. Or at least, one of the VIP sections. Macau turned to look upwards and noticed that the second level had fewer people; most were in conservation. This part of the section was covered by a light window that overlooked the main dance floor and bar.

"Don't do that."

"Don't do what?"

"Find an escape. That's always the first thing you do whenever you enter a place."

"I can't help it," Macau stated as he took a couple sips of his sprite. Being raised in a mafia setting, he always had to look over his shoulder. He never knew when he was going to get kidnapped or if he was going to get attacked. So far, he's been lucky in kidnappings; no one would dare touch him when his older brother gave clear warning. No one wanted to face Vegas's wrath. But now that his brother has disappeared, Macau felt like he needed to take his safety to the next level.