Getting Along

Alexander POV.

"When Kayce went in a deep sleep, and while I was reading an email I've received earlier, suddenly, all people I had dinner with, enter my room."

(Freaking out when I saw them): How the fuck did you get in here?

Charlotte (showing the master card of all rooms to me): I have access to every room; I'm the owner of this shitty hotel, remember?

(Changing my position on the bed to the sitting position) This card is for emergency purposes, I can sue you because of this.

Charlotte (Pointing to the fireplace in my room): I always have a reason Alex; we thought that there is a fire here in your room, all your friends are agree with me.

Even though, what if I was naked, that's inappropriate, don't do it again Charlotte.

Lisa: We came in peace, we're just want to say sorry about what happened downstairs, in the restaurant. I'm the one who started the kayce's mother thing. Please accept my apologies. 

Don't worry Lisa, you were worried about your friend that's it, I even decided to extend our vacation.

Isabella (checking her email to know about the date of her divorce hearing): I don't know about that, I have a hearing on Friday; can we go back to Virginia by Friday?

We can do that Isse, we can even be there before that.

Isabella (Putting her phone back in her pocket): Really!! I really appreciate that.

(Staring at Matthew and Charlotte) What about you guys, are you joining us?

Matthew (staring at his sister wanting her to accept his presence in this journey and she nodded): I'm good with that.

Lisa: I'm all yours; I have nothing to do if you are not in your office.

What about you Charlotte?

Charlotte: Me?! Why?!

(Giving her a comfortable look) Why not? We want you to join us.

Charlotte: I don't know what to say, it's been a while since joining people for a road trip, okay, why not, I'm sure it would be a nice adventure with strangers.

(Pointing at the door) Okay then guys, would you mind leave my room now, I have to sleep.

Charlotte (she had  her arms wide open leading others to the room's door): No need to shout, we have other customers in this shitty hotel, we're leaving. See you tomorrow. 

"Few months ago I was organized, the way how I like to live my life. Neat, like the way I drink whiskey. Ordered. No room for chaos or uncertainty. Unfortunately, when you're that type of person, it doesn't take much to tip the scales out of your favor. It's a lesson I seem to have been learning continuously for previous years of my age."

"Next morning."

Isabella: (folds more clothes to put into Kayce's, suitcase which is open on the spare bed) (and I was standing in front of her in silence): what is the next stop in this journey?

You seem enjoying it.

So far so good, I really needed a road trip, to calm down after my divorce. (Her long brown hair falls in loose waves around her narrow face when she presses on the pile of clothes she's already packed.)

Hearing these words is better than the whole journey, I really appreciate your help with packing Kayce's belongs, we're heading to meet a friend of mine.

Isabella (moving her eyes toward me in a sarcastic way) I didn't know that you have friends; I thought that you only hang out with patients to take their money.