Chapter 34: Strange New Land II

Diarmuid prepared himself as his gold blade within his rested upon his shoulder while the main red blade was lowered to the ground. There was beyond any words how much anger had built up during the course of this 100th Grand War for the beast once known as a Hero of Ulster and Child of Light.

Cú Chulainn was corrupted by something evil and horrific, he was nothing more than a savage hound being pointed in a direction to cause havoic needed to be put down before any more innocent lives were lost.

The two servants gaze were locked for quite some time as neither made a move yet. A slight wind carried on the air as the red bridge they stood on audibly creaked every so often.

Devastation which caked the landscape around them was a reminder of just how much this war could take. There was going to be no winners as Fuyuki was just one of the many prime examples of that. Who would wanna live in an empty world after winning this cursed war, this was the main thought always upon the Knight of Fianna's mind. But these thoughts could always be left for later, as for right now, a duel was going to happen.

A break in the silence finally occurred as Diarmuid charged forward expecting Cú to follow suit but instead, the beast leapt backwards seeming to have little care for the duel despite the words barked earlier.

Diarmuid was confused but continued onward, giving chase and stopping the beast before he made out of the bridge. Gold and Red blades connecting with the cursed spear in a series of blows testing not just speed and strength, but also mastery of their respective weapons.

Bridge's once flooded road was being carved up, concrete flying about as no one was going to be using it to cross once the two servants finished.

There was a strange feeling for Diarmuid however, the entire bout felt one sided to the Knight of Fianna as the two were making their quite fast to the western half of ruined city. Cú was purposely walking backwards only defending himself never taking a chance to press on an offensive, either it was attempt at being cheeky or this fight was preventing Cú from leaving. Diarmuid took the latter option.

Cú soon dodged and evaded each strike perfectly. If the beast failed to do this, then he simply used Gae Bolg to deflect the attacks of the knight. Their weapons creating large amount of sparks upon impacting one another, Gae Bolg occasionally illuminating when it was contacted by the demonic blade Diarmuid wielded.

Two engaging in a bladelock as Diarmuid let a small smirk arise seeing Cú was open at the side. Diarmuid then simultaneously closed his blades like scissors to split the hound into two but the alter twisted his body leaning so far backwards he avoided the attack while somehow managing to stand. One of the large beams supporting the bridge was cut in half causing the bridge to shake a little and creak even more.

Diarmuid quickly swept for the beast's legs but the man had jumped in a small twirl avoiding it. But Diarmuid countered that while Cú was still in the air by roundhouse kicking him through some of the bridge supports.

Cú crashed through the bridge causing it to shift to one side, completely unstable now. The beast crashing into a large ruin of a skyscraper causing to finally collapse from losing the final supports of its structure.

There was no time to recover as Diarmuid appeared leaping through the smoke smashing down at the point of impact for Cú.

Beast simply evaded from there, dashing at speeds matching Diarmuid's agility.

Diarmuid was not letting Cú escape and he was going to pressure the damn hound into fighting this out. Cú was cruising his way through the destroyed city heading west but his path was always impeded by Diarmui's restless pursuit. The speed of their attacks unrivaled as they carved up what remained of the landscape. Ruins of buildings were turned to ash and small rocks of debris, and any remaining landmarks left were wiped clean away.